Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24115

if i brought this i would buy a good power transformer,can you,or anybody else recommend a good one,with a steady 12 volt supply? :)

jtf :y:

try a power supply from an old laptop. most RC charger take 10 to 20v so that could do the trick.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by waterbok.

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24117

PC power recycling. Low current Under 12V or 5V but sure for charging

Last edit: by stingray-63.

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24119

I think this is the one something like this one's meant for that charger...

But I guess a power supply like this should also suffice if you put the right connections on (I am not an expert though) :

An Imax B6 charger like Jonny recommended in the second post would be a good, complete and much cheaper alternative. ;)

Last edit: by Edou.

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24120

i have a hobbyking eco six. best bang for your buck without the bang, it doesn't explode

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24122

if i brought this i would buy a good power transformer,can you,or anybody else recommend a good one,with a steady 12 volt supply? :)

try a power supply from an old laptop. most RC charger take 10 to 20v so that could do the trick.

I would doubt at laptop power supply would be able to supply enough current for a RC charger. Most are only around 60W.

Edit: I was put off the IMAX B6 because of the number of fakes about. Check carefully.

Edit 2: When I was a kid, I used to run my Acoms clockwork quick charger off my dad's car battery charger. Seemed to work OK - well, I never set anything on fire anyway... :P

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24125

i didnt mean use the charger as a power supply,i meant i connected the old acoms charger to a 12 volt car battery charger

i used to do the same thing also martin with the acoms 15 minuite fast carger with my old 1200 mah pack,lol

im sure a lot of people did it as a cheap alternative to a proper power supply

thanks again guys for your useful feedback,il look more into these power supplys

im not even sure its worth the hastle buying this charger,like you said edou i could just get one thats all in for half the £££

thanks all

im in a quandry now :laugh:

Last edit: by jon_the_fox.

charger help 10 years 9 months ago #24126

If you only want to charge NiCd or NiMH, the Ripmax Propeak is a good choice. Seems to be well-built and comes up used on eBay pretty frequently. I have a Ripmax IP2500 that I paid about £8 for and runs on mains or 12V.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds