I agree - looks very cool. B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Need help finding new wheels and tires 12 years 7 months ago #3318

• jdawg
  • jdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
I think it looks nice too with the new wheels. I'm a bit too scared to go out bashing with my car and ruin my body now because I haven't been able to find a new one at all on ebay. So I ordered a new Thunder Shot body instead.

It is nice to have the grip that these tires provide so I'm slowly getting used to it and flipping my car over less.

Re: Need help finding new wheels and tires 12 years 7 months ago #3320

THERE IS SOME COOL HOPS UPS FOR IT PRIMARELY OF THE TERRA SCHORER MAINLEY THE FRONT AND REAR ANTI ROLE BARS +ADJUSTABLE CAMBER ANGLE BARS + UNIVERSAL JOINT PROPSHAFTS , THE TUNDERSHOT /FIREDRAGON / TERRASCHORCHER ETC CHASSISE SET UP IS A GREAT SET UP , I ATTACHED SOME PICTURES OF THE ANTY ROLE BARS ETC .

Attachments:

Re: Need help finding new wheels and tires 12 years 7 months ago #3321

LOL :woohoo: just seen that the terra schorchers face is yello as well must be my driving abilty :silly:

Re: Need help finding new wheels and tires 12 years 7 months ago #3322

@jdawg : you've put in the brushless and lipo, right? Might not be a bad idea to improve the stability a bit with that set up...
Should be a pretty powerful combo. :woohoo:

And please don't forget what Mr T recommends. :lol: ;)

LOL :woohoo: just seen that the terra schorchers face is yello as well must be my driving abilty :silly:

Hopefully his liver is okay... :whistle:
Attachments:

Re: Need help finding new wheels and tires 12 years 7 months ago #3361

• jdawg
  • jdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
Yeah I must learn to slow down some more when turning but it seems even small slower turns will flip it over sometimes. So I am going to try adding two shocks in the front to see if that helps. I ordered some Yeah Racing dampers so hopefully I'll find a way to mount them on.

That Terra Scorcher looks nice too but I can't find the parts for the rear anti roll bar. I'll probably add universal joint shafts in the front though but its almost $50 for a pair on ebay!

Re: Need help finding new wheels and tires 12 years 7 months ago #3366

It's "grip roll" - too much grip on the outside edge of the tyres, so the car rolls rather than slides ... you can take off the outer row of pimples on the tyres, or slow down more :)

Re: Need help finding new wheels and tires 12 years 7 months ago #3368

And please don't forget what Mr T recommends. :lol: ;)

It might be the best way of getting round a hairpin, but it's so dull - I like the lift off oversteer technique (for FWD cars) much better:

It's faster (mainly because no-one will want to go near you in that corner :D ), as long as you do it perfectly ... if not you can loose out big time :S
Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: Need help finding new wheels and tires 12 years 7 months ago #3371

Looks tricky but cool. Definitely faster. With a 4WD drifter it would probably be easiest. B)
I'd like to see myself do a corner like that with oversteer on my (RWD) C11... without flipping it 180 degrees. :S

Actually, the drawing by Tamiya should not be the fastest way to take a corner if you look at 1:1 cars.
I was watching the IFMAR WC and noticed that none of the drivers seemed to care about any kind of ideal line/curve.
With a 1:1 car you'd go to the (left) outside of the curve and drive on further - then making a quick short turn to get the nose/wheels straight again... this way you kind of have to go through less of a corner and you're facing the right way longer to be able to go full throttle. :woohoo:

Attachments:

Re: Need help finding new wheels and tires 12 years 7 months ago #3386

@jdawg

awesome black wheels.
would they fit on a wild one?

Last edit: by zephyrin.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds