Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 5 months ago #15958

Thanks for the pics yogi bear they have given me a few ideas but ill probably hang fire and try to pick up a loose original rim as it seems a shame not to use the wheels i already have. Im hoping the wait wont be too long i also have three ok tyres so just need one rim and tyre to complete it :(

Also i have this old tamiya battery that came with the car its pretty bashed up but has its original box and insert and wondered if anyone collected them as im probably going to recycle it? if you want it let me have your address and ill post it.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 4 months ago #16807

Hey nut, how have you been getting along with this? Have you found a wheel? cheers andy :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 4 months ago #16818

Hi Andyaus to be honest its looking great at the moment but it has been boxed up while fixing up my falcon i have reached a place where i cannot go any further until i source a couple of difficult parts one rear rim and tyre and i also need some falcon r parts. I dont have much enthusiasm for either project at the moment but ill update when i feel more inspired to start working on them again. I could also do with some new tyres for the front as they are cracked and im short of cash for the forseeable future.

Regards B)

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 4 months ago #17253

I have managed to pick up a set of Galaxy rear wheels so i will be able to progress on this build now. They appear to have the same mountings i need to work out what tyres might work on this size rim i was thinking about hornet tyres maybe? see pic below any input would be appreciated Yogi Bear

Attachments:

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 4 months ago #17272

no problem, I have some NIB tires, but I don't want to use them up, so am kinda looking for tires that will fit the rims as well. I think the hornet tires will be too small, but I can try a set when I get home tonight.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 4 months ago #17318

yeah, checked the hornet tires and they are just a little bit too small, and too narrow. I've measured the tires/rims and have been searching mainly ebay, but most tires seem either too big or too small, so it might be a bit of a challenge to match them to something. I'll post a diagram with relevant dimensions tonight as well. One issue I can see is that the rim edge is quite wide and looks unique to the hunter/galaxy tires.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 3 months ago #18040

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 3 months ago #18041

New rear tyres HERE

they look close, but need a 41 mm inner diameter and I suspect they aren't wide enough,

regards

Johnn

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 3 months ago #18046

New rear tyres HERE

they look close, but need a 41 mm inner diameter and I suspect they aren't wide enough,

regards

Johnn

Ah yes, I looked further down the page and the seller does give 49mm as the diameter ;) oh well I'll keep keeping an eye out then :cheer: cheers Andy..

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Re: Marui Hunter 11 years 3 months ago #18047

regards

Johnn

41mm is pretty close to 1.7 inch Rough Rider size right?
What do the original tyres look like? Are they knobblies with "Goodyear" written on the side? If so, I have some that might interest you. They are not new though.

Edit: Having looked at the previous posts in this thread, I am now pretty sure the tyres I have are the ones you want. However I'm in the UK, so postage to Oz might be prohibitive.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds