Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I get parcels, therefore I am ;) 12 years 7 months ago #2940

Didn't get _anything_ I need to carry on with my Cheetah project in the post today, but I did get a couple of parcels; first up was a re-re Sand Scorcher body set (I'm sure it'll come in handy for something :whistle: ), second one was a lot more interesting - TBH a rather odd mixture of bits ...

First up, a pair of Futaba Attack R transmitters ... sadly both are missing their antennas & battery covers, so are probably just candidates for the bin, I think the only bit worth saving is the crystal :S

.. An Acoms AP-27 mk4 V ... missing the antenna & the battery contacts look very green, but if I can swap the antenna from a modern "Alpha" TX, I'd rather use these as they are much more powerful - which means more range & less glitches...

... Acoms AP-227 Mk1 (left, complete, but I can't get the battery cover open atm) & APP-227 Mk2 (right, all there but battery contacts very green), definitely worth saving ....

Acoms 6V clockwork fast charger ... slightly unusual as they're usually for 7.2V, this one has the "correct" early Tamiya 6V connector on it ....

Unbranded 6V mains slow charger, again with 6V connector on it, and original price (GBP 5.99) sticker on the side ...

Tamiya 6V fast charger, looks barely used & still has a tag in Japanese attached ...

Shame I have no interest whatsoever in period chargers, otherwise these would be quite ... interesting :lol:

Switch boot as found on Wild Willy M38, Bruiser etc ... totally rotten :( ... other bits I think are actually from the spark ignition for a gas cooker :blink:

XR 311 chassis, surprisingly clean but very incomplete ... however it did come with a pretty much complete front suspension, including 4 unbroken torsion bars. Bumper and underguard are way better than the ones on my Cheetah ...

Single tyre is rotten where it's got flat spotted, both on the sidewall ...

... and on the tread ...

Finally, why I actually bought the lot - an original XR311 body, complete with driver ...

... it's pretty dirty, missing a wiper, both mirrors ...

... and the rail on the back ...

... and has been attacked (with a soldering iron?) I guess to accomodate a 7.2v hump pack?

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: I get parcels, therefore I am ;) 12 years 7 months ago #2943

I really like the vintage remotes. I have a fetish for them too...

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.