Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

G.T. Power Rc R/C Car2.0 LED System vs TLU01/TLU02 12 years 3 months ago #7139

As you may already know, somewhat foolishly given my financial cirumstances, I've committed to buying one of the re-re Bruisers :whistle:

I've already repurposed a Planet T5 multichannel radio set, but I also wanted lights on the thing ... I looked at the Tamiya offerings - but the cost of the necessary TLU-01 & TLU-02 units, + extra LED sets for them came out at about
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: G.T. Power Rc R/C Car2.0 LED System vs TLU01/TLU02 12 years 3 months ago #7147

What I did for a cheap solution to indicators, was bought flashing LEDs and connected those magnetic reed type switches on either side of the servo horn. So when you steer left, the magnet on the servo horn activates the left side reed switch, and the same for the other one.

It was a very crude indicator system, but it worked, and it only cost me about R30 / $4.00
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Re: G.T. Power Rc R/C Car2.0 LED System vs TLU01/TLU02 12 years 3 months ago #7152

Jonny, I can tell you this - AP427 has all its channel positions in the wrong places in comparison with 2ch 27MHz sets, & the throttle works back to front too. It can cause all sorts of problems with cheaper "intelligent" (No setup req'd type) ESCs. You can get around it by having the back off, find out which of the pots is operating the channel that's doing what you want it to, then swap the wiring between the pots.
I can also tell you that my 2.4GHz HK-GT2 (Pistol) is pre-programmed to look at "full throw" of the pots (Vs approx 45deg in a stick set). Also, these units use microcontrollers to define channel positions (Rather than tuned radio circuits) & are set up at the factory to work ONLY with the manufacturer's Rx - the output is unlikely to be "standard" as it's never intended to "talk" to other equipment.
Having not seen the LED unit you're on about, I can't be 100% sure, but I would've thought it will be looking at the output from the Rx rather than a radio signal, & both of my findings above could cause problems with the LED unit if this is how it works.
You'd stand a better chance of debugging the AP427 than the 2.4GHz set in my opinion. For starters, plug 2 servos into a 2ch Rx (One you know works with the LEDs), then note which 2 stick directions on the AP427 operate the 2 servos. Then try plugging the LED unit in & move the same sticks to prove it, then have a wire swapping session inside the AP427.
I'll warn you now though, I've had 3 AP427 trannys, & each one was different, ie you couldn't use Tx1 with Rx2 or Rx3 etc (They work but the servo neutral positions go out). It is possible to "tune" them to swap all the channels about (By moving the pots relative to the gimbles) but it's an absolute nighmare to do. I suspect it could be quite possible that none of the 4 channels are "cleanly" at the same positions as either of the 2 chanels on the 2ch 27MHz set
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds