Keyword

TOPIC:

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #74387

• AndyAus
  • AndyAus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away

A tip for shooting R/C, or any kind of model, is to (where possible) have the subject at eye-level.  Helps give a more natural perspective.... Even if you have to lie on the ground 

It's been a while since I've had the camera out and even that was for Motorcross hahaha, It had been raining in the mornig so there was no chance I was lying down hahaha
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #74400

I haven’t listed anything on ebay for some time & a few things have changed, the “basic” listing tool didn’t have anything like the same options it used to so I switched to the “business” tool, I hope that doesn’t mean I’ve accidently registered as a business user & get grassed up to HMRC…  

Some things have improved – excluded locations & the disable best offer settings actually seem to stick from listing to listing, but some are hidden more deeply than before like which locations to exclude, and the require immediate payment for buy it now.     

The “preview listing” option is quite broken, sometimes it doesn’t open at all, sometimes only for a split second & is not that great when it does work.         

Unrelated, but I noticed my “purchase history” has gone back to the “V2” version & I’ve lost the paid/sent/feeback left/feedback received icons again. Some might think this is a conspiracy to de-emphasise feedback, but more likely it’s inteptitude / the law of unintended consequences where the new (and therefore “better”) version is being pushed …  

Previously I’ve always used the same eBay account for both buying and selling, but it’s become increasingly obvious that is a bad idea  - I don’t want some mentalist seller taking revenge for some imagined slight (like I don’t know, having the nerve to ask that they actually send what was paid for, or opening a case when they don’t respond, God help you if you leave negative or even neutral feedback, or less than 5 stars) or getting someone else to by buying something cheap just so they can claim it didn’t arrive, wasn’t right etc etc and dump all over my 100%, 20+ year feedback.  

Can’t stop it happening – but I can make sure it’s on another account where I won’t care quite so much.  

Short version, I now have a second ebay account specifically for sales, after some thought it’s not the “clever” one I first registered with but my old ebay username with “_sales” appended & a slightly different email address, with no end of rigmarole proving that neither I, or any of my family float when thrown in water :whistle:  

It feels like it’s taken all day to put up a few listings, but in reality that’s only because I’d usually do photos one day, write the listings & titles another & just submit on another. I won’t post a link, I’ve excluded everywhere apart from the UK anyway as nothing is rare or cheap enough to make it worth the shipping costs & taxes at the other end to make it worthwhile TBH.

I think I have been a bit better about valuing my skill (or at least time) and what I'm selling in setting Buy It Now prices, You know you've set a price too low when something goes in moments, most of my stuff usually goes within a few hours  - but so far today, nothing. I may have gone a bit too far the other way, but what I'm aiming for is a buyer sucking air through their teeth but buying anyway ;)    

Still having problems with energy levels and motivation, I wish I could translate this apparent ease of typing reams of inconsequential bannocks in the evenings to, well, anything else during the day :D 
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #74401

I never could see your ebay sales. 

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #74402

• AndyAus
  • AndyAus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
Made some progress with the Super Sabre runner today, Built both gearboxes and added a Kinght customs HSII rear shock tower. Rebuilt the shocks and installed the arms added the new alloy front hubs, Lathed up a front shock tower brace which also holds the front of the body nicely

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #74406

I never could see your ebay sales. 

TBH iIDK what's going on, I know the  "click here" link next to "eBay profile" on the tamiyabase.com/...ny%25Retro page sends you to the eBay.com domain, but I'd expect the listings to show up, just with a note that the seller doesn't ship to your country ... 

Try www.ebay.co.uk/...etro_sales instead ?

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #74408

Still no result...😫

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #74418

I can see your listings fine.

What did you do today? 1 year 3 months ago #74426

Some more display cases finally arrived, so I started packing them up for my Motor display.
The second shelf needs work, there's a second row awaiting 3 motors, then the two missing from the bottom.
Problem with the first one missing on the bottom display is that I need to get an Avante 2011 kit - Can someone hook a brother up?!? 

First case is motors I wanted in the 1980s, then a case for the 1990s, next case is for 2000s and finally the last case covers what I wanted from the 2010s. So it's not ALL 50 or so of Tamiya's brushed motors, but there will be 32 in there.

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Jonny Retro, stingray-63, Lemsko

Last edit: by GToddC5. Reason: elaborated

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74459

Birdies Diner finally opened.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

What did you do today? 1 year 2 months ago #74461

Love it.👍
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.