Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Toyota Tom's RM-01 wheels vs. vintage? 11 years 4 months ago #15746

HI!... I'm restoring a vintage Toyota Tom's car, and the original wheels are pretty yellowed from age. The previous owner used a whole bottle of "CA" glue on them it seems, to mount the now garbage foam tires. I'm looking for a NIP set of wheels. I came across these and just wondering if they will fit? They look exactly the same. I'm just wondering if the back spacing is the same? These are for the new re-issue Toyota Tom's on the RM-01 chassis.

Neal

www.ebay.ca/sch...&_from=R40

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Toyota Tom's RM-01 wheels vs. vintage? 11 years 4 months ago #15868

HI!... Anyone? :whistle:

Re: Toyota Tom's RM-01 wheels vs. vintage? 11 years 4 months ago #15874

I know yogi-bear succesfully put them on his 58014 at least. :)

www.tamiyabase....t-592.html

Re: Toyota Tom's RM-01 wheels vs. vintage? 11 years 4 months ago #15875

HI!... Well good to know, thanks. I also have a 58014. lol. They look like they will fit no problem. I ordered them last night. $8 for 4 compared to $70 for 2 of originals. And I won't have to put these one's through the whitening process. :y: I just got to get some foams now. :)

Re: Toyota Tom's RM-01 wheels vs. vintage? 11 years 4 months ago #15876

Sounds like a good alternative. Saves time and effort and the 132 big ones left could buy you some other cool parts. :)
Possibly even a whole car!

Re: Toyota Tom's RM-01 wheels vs. vintage? 11 years 4 months ago #15877

HI!... Well I was bidding on a vintage set just now. Waited up all night so I wouldn't miss out on them. Got down to the last 22 minutes, then all of a sudden it says bidding has ended? badword? I think the seller ended it due to they were only at $10. I was hoping to get them for $10! It was front rims and sponge tires, NIP. :angry: :n:

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Toyota Tom's RM-01 wheels vs. vintage? 11 years 4 months ago #15879

It's always good to have at least one bid in so the seller can't take the item off.
What could have happened (bid no bids) is that someone approached the seller and made an acceptable offer...

Edit - didn't read quite right. I thought sellers weren't allowed to do that if there are bids on the item. :huh:
If I were him, I would have waited those last 20 minutes - often most activity happens there.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Toyota Tom's RM-01 wheels vs. vintage? 11 years 4 months ago #16446

HI!... Well the wheels/tires showed up this weekend. I'm very happy to say they are both exact duplicates of the originals. Size and offset/back spacing is identical. So for $25 My Toyota Tom's got all new wheels/tires. :woohoo: I'll post up some pics later.

Re: Toyota Tom's RM-01 wheels vs. vintage? 11 years 4 months ago #16529

HI!... Well the new wheels/tires showed up this weekend. Perfect fit and exactly like the originals! :y:

Re: Toyota Tom's RM-01 wheels vs. vintage? 10 years 9 months ago #23007

Has anyone tried a complete rear end transplant from the new RM01 to an old RM MK.5 or MK.7 chassis? I've got a 956 that is missing half the rear axle and the spur is pretty sad.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.