Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74944

I thought to you richard. I crossed a mk1 capri silver grey in the mot near my son's home yesterday. 
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hi! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74946

I thought to you richard. I crossed a mk1 capri silver grey in the mot near my son's home yesterday. 

Nice!
There is many Capris in France. Think you country has the most RS2600 in the world.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Hi! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74947

My dad tried one. And I missed one 20years ago.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Hi! 1 year 3 weeks ago #74953

Hello fellow Ford man 

The 1060 esc won't work with brushless motor as it is for bruhed only.
Needs a brushless esc to run brushless motor.

Here is a brushless combo www.amazon.com/...198&sr=8-8

You also need a lipo battery with Deans or T-plug as they is often called.

Thanks! 😜

Yeah I know the 1060 is for brushed--that's what I'll get for it if I decide to keep the torque tuned stock one.

www.amazon.com/...248K&psc=1
I've been looking at this one pretty hard--both the motor and the ESC are waterproof, and it has reviews that indicate that it has smoother, more linear power. But here are my number two and three-what are your suggestions?
#2 www.amazon.com/...ljaz10cnVl
#3 www.amazon.com/...rd_plhdr=t

I mean I have a NIMH battery. If I get something with the wrong plug I'll just solder the one off my ESC in (on the wire side not on the motherboard). Not a huge deal. All of the ones I've looked at are NIMH compatible.
TT-01E
'95 Cobra R body

Hi! 1 year 2 weeks ago #74957

Of those you linked to, Cool RC is the only brand I've heard of before...
I thend to stick with brands that I know in case somehing goes south.

And I highly recomend changing to 2s lipo (7.4v), you get so much more performance out of lipo than a nimh battery.
Not that much speed increase, but the accleration will be like night and day.
Just get yourself familiar with the guide rules of using lipo batteries if you go that route.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Hi! 1 year 2 weeks ago #74966

Yeah I tend to do the same thing, BUT I'm new to R/C and you're going to find people on both sides about brands, so you pretty much have to find out for yourself, unless there are some big red flags and/or EVERYBODY has had problems with them. Also, I'm less worried about my R/C stuff being cheap Amazon junk, as if it works, that's awesome I got a good deal, and if not, I'm not out too much, and because it's not my Jeep that I drive every day, or my mountain bike that I expect to be able to ride whenever I want to, and I'm not really putting anybody or anything too much at risk with a 3.5 lb car, I'm just not as worried about failures.

I really want a lithium battery, but there's nothing wrong with the one I have. Torque/acceleration is not a problem I'm having with my R/C car--maybe that's the torque tuned motor, Idk. But when it was running, its biggest limits were a) an amateur/noob driver, and b) top speed. Well, and in the snow and ice, traction, but the grease-packed diffs helped a lot with that.
TT-01E
'95 Cobra R body

Last edit: by white90smustang.

Hi! 1 year 2 weeks ago #74994

Personally I wouldn't recommend putting a brushless motor in a TT-01E chassis.  You aren't really going to be able to take advantage of the power without breaking something.  For a cheap power system for that chassis, I'd use a Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 ESC ($22) and a Yeah Racing 17T motor ($17).  It will be faster than you know what to do with and dirt simple to set up.  As for batteries, sure you could go LiPo and there are certainly advantages to that, but for a TT-01E I'd actually just stick with a NiMH.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, white90smustang

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.