Keyword

TOPIC:

Hi from Sussex England 12 years 8 months ago #2195

From the age of 5 I always wanted a tamiya car (this was 1980), no other make would do. I never got one but said I would get one when I got a job. Fast forward two decades and I finally got a Fighter Buggy RX in 1997, built it raced it twice and then put it away having no time to use it anymore.

In roughly 2008 I created a small track in my back garden and spent many days grading the dirt section of the track and racing the buggy around it, kids got a trampoline and we got a pool and that put paid to that fun so the car went away again.

Until the start of May 2011. I was and still am at the time of writing off work with stress and needed hobbies to try and get my self back to normal. the pool had gone from the garden so out came the buggy again. I also have purchased a Transsyberia 2008 Porsche Cayenne XB which I promptly crashed into a garden chair badly cracking the front. Also at the same time I bought a Subaru Impreza WRC Monte Carlo 2007 which I am still building. My wife wanted a Fiat 500 Abarth Assetto Corse - M05 for her birthday which she wants painted yellow.

Recent purchases have been a few projects off e-bay, two Tamiya Fighter buggies which I aim to get another, restore them and paint them in the kids favourite colours so they can have one each with thier name on. They might leave mine alone then!

I bought a black one which I was not sure what it was but it turns out to be the original release of the hornet with out the body shell. I have taken pictures of two of the cars and will post them on here with updates of the restoration. May need help as these are my first!

And only a few days ago I bought another 7 cars off e-bay. They look to be vintage too so again will post pics when I finally recieve them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 8 months ago #2196

Welcome on board, sloshy :)
The following user(s) Liked this: sloshy8

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 8 months ago #2207

Welcome on TB! Great introduction. :)

Sounds like you got the Tamiya bug pretty bad. Which is a good thing of course! ;)
Very smart strategy to give every member in the family their own Rc car. :laugh:

I'd be very interested in the pictures. Here's some info on how you could post them :

Images in posts

:cheer:
The following user(s) Liked this: sloshy8

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 8 months ago #2224

The making of three Fighter Buggies

Attachments:

Last edit: by sloshy8.

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 8 months ago #2225

Hornet Project

Attachments:

Last edit: by sloshy8.

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 8 months ago #2226

Here is the current 4 made cars

Attachments:

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 8 months ago #2230

Nice bunch of cars! B)

Especially like the Cayenne - still have an unpainted body to do myself.
Only a few minor changes from the M1025 Hummer...

That Hornet's got some match of tyres! Brat in the front I think? :laugh:
The rear isn't looking all too original either. That'll probably be a bit of a project. ;)

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 8 months ago #2232

Thanks for that Edou, like the tyres but yes it is gonna be a big project!

Out of the 4 in the picture, the Yellow Fiat is my wifes, the buggy I have is the first one I had, until 3 months ago then bought a couple more! The Impreza I finished just a week or so ago and the Cayenne I only bought because it was reduced to under

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 8 months ago #2234

I used to have a black 1:1 Fiat Ritmo Abarth 130TC a long time ago - that was really fast and loads of fun.
Gave all the Golf GTIs and Kadett GSIs a run for their money. :laugh:

The Impreza is a great car too. Is it a TT-01?

This is what I made a (almost) Cayenne chassis look like :

The DF-01/TA01 lineage offers a lot of possibilities... :cheer:

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 8 months ago #2241

Yep the Impreza is a TT-01 chassis. I have added a sports tuned motor and plan to add more.

Your Cayenne chassis looks really smart.

I am just getting back into the hobby so I am on the learning stage.

Awaiting arrival of my next 7 cars at the moment.... should be delivered today!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.