Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 8 months ago #2313

Re the last car, from how basic it & the vacformed shell are, the front beam/axle and the 6v connector, I'd guess it's some sort of early Mardave pan car or homemade bitsa using some Mardave parts, year I'd guess 1980 - 1982 - no-one used that sort of connector after then ... try mardaveonline.c.../index.htm , but unless there's a carpet racing club near you running a suitable class, I'd stick it back on eBay :D

Thanks Jonny, I have never been to a race track so I would not know if there is a track near me.

E-bay it looks like!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 8 months ago #2314

Great treasure chest with jewels in the making! :cheer:
Wonder if you'll be leaving the hobby room at all in the time to come. :laugh: ;)

If I did not have kids yes I would not leave the cars alone. the dining room table is my workshop and the kids are constantly wanting to use that.

I will be though stripping down each car and giving them a much needed clean.

Thanks again

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 7 months ago #2534

Quick up date....

The Mardave 'possible' sold on ebay for

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 7 months ago #2535

...have almost got half my money back and still stuff to sell!

KER-CHING! :D

Re: Hi from Sussex England 12 years 7 months ago #2536

...have almost got half my money back and still stuff to sell!

KER-CHING! :D

Exactly!

Re: Hi from Sussex England 11 years 8 months ago #11861

Just thought I would say hi again. I keep checking the site and drool over the quality of restoration that you guys do. I had a go but I have found I am unable to do it and can only use and build my cars for limited periods due to arthritis in my hands, this is really frustrating as I get a lot of enjoyment out of getting a wreck and building it into something nice, I am only 37 too. I am currently building (can only do it for 15mins max a day) 3 buggys for my kids and I have been unable to sand off the paint after using the graffitti remover which resulted in one shell almost melting. As great as the graffitti stuff was(recommending by you guys) due to my hands I was unable to do the next step.
I got round this problem though by buying new shells, which was expensive but they look cool.
I am concentraing mainly on the TT-01 cars due to their hand friendly space.
I have since sold most of the cars (bought for

Re: Hi from Sussex England 11 years 8 months ago #11862

Welcome back from your short sabbatical. :silly:
Hope your hands won't keep you from building... :(
There's plenty of room for modern car threads on the forum too btw. ;)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.