Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10310

i've got some beach pics
this one not really boxart bat the rest are 'cos you cant see the no shell :)

#3 has possibilities ... I think it needs a much tighter crop, avoiding the seaweed though, which could cause a problem - the printer want images that are at least 3062 x 2296 - about 7 megapixels (and ot the usual 1 & a 1/3rd to 1 ratio), so unless your original image is much bigger than that, there's a risk your car could come out looking like it's made of Lego ;)

I've sent you a PM with my email adress in, if you send me the original file we can take it from there :)

I'll make no promises about inclusion, but so far you're #1 :y: :)

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10311

Thinking about it, if I can Photoshop your hole :laugh: to make it less obvious, I can do do the same with your 'weed:

I think that's a better composition, though I'd still like to see if there's more above & right in the original pic :)
Attachments:

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10333

Awesome pic!
Tamiya collectors note - this is what your toy cars are really for!
I wonder what it'd take to get the old Hilux airborne - I'd go for a spot of truck pulling, but I KNOW the crappy flatted axles won't take it! (Reckon they were glued for the Tamiya 1:1 Hilux pull!)

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10336

Awesome pic!
Tamiya collectors note - this is what your toy cars are really for!
I wonder what it'd take to get the old Hilux airborne - I'd go for a spot of truck pulling, but I KNOW the crappy flatted axles won't take it! (Reckon they were glued for the Tamiya 1:1 Hilux pull!)

i run my wild one heaps but the driveshafts are warn out so now i can't, i'm waiting for the re-re, might get it if its not too expensive.
i have wanted to make a highlift into a dakar racer like re buildong the axels, putting a custom gearbox with twin brushless, etc

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10340

Zeph - I'm so sorry, but the pics you sent me are still not of a high enough resolution - 1082 x 683 will just not cut the mustard for printing :cry:

I really need the images as they came out of the camera - so I hope you might have them squirrelled away somewhere. If not, let's hope you get that car fixed up & can take some more - you obviously have an eye for taking a good photo, and you have mone massive advantage over me - sunlight!

:)

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10344

well i don't take the photos, my brother does and i don't live anywhere near the beach, i just bring it down/up on holidays.

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10408

The lead time for getting these printed is three weeks, and as I'd like get these send out it the first week in November, I'm going to set a deadline for picture submissions of the end of Saturday the 30th of September :)

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10445

Hey JR, I'd like to contribute to the calendar. You know my collection, tell me which car and what type of picture you'd like me to take, and I'll be happy to do so...

Bullhead
CC-01 Crew Cab
CC-01 Pajero J top
Lunchbox
CR-01 Bronco with Union Jack roof
Bronze Plated Super Hornet

Let me know on here, or mail me directly.

Thanks

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10451

Hey JR, I'd like to contribute to the calendar. You know my collection, tell me which car and what type of picture you'd like me to take, and I'll be happy to do so...

Bullhead
CC-01 Crew Cab
CC-01 Pajero J top
Lunchbox
CR-01 Bronco with Union Jack roof
Bronze Plated Super Hornet

Let me know on here, or mail me directly.

Thanks

... but I don't want to be too prescriptive ... I had a look through some of your threads & have some suggestions as to what photos are nearly there, calendar-wise:

This is quite interesting - I wouldn't want to see this shot for a whole month TBH, but a sharper, slightly more interesting shot of a work in progress is a possibility ... I'm coming to the conclusion that the key things for a good RC photo are sharpness, lighting & scale background & a low angle - if your photo has those qualities then you're most of the way there.

This is sharp & has a great angle (and a great car), but the lighting & background are off ... and it would need to have the whole car in shot ;)

This one is nearly there. I'm not sure what's going on it the top right, but that's a simple bit of photoshopping - lighting and background are spot on, but the angle, although being low, is completely side on & therefore lacks an impression of movement...

Your Bullhead - an outdoor pic from a low angle (like you're about to get squished) would capture the size of the thing ...

This one has potential, but leaving aside the feet, the angle lets it down - lower & futher to the right, or above & to the right would make a drmatic pic...

This one has nearly everything - background, angle, sharpness (assuming the original was sharper & it's just the photo being reduced in size that's made it a bit fuzzy) ... unfortunately the truck looks a bit dull - if it was boxart it would have been a candidate ...

This one on the other hand ... I know it's the same truck, but the photo (apart from the out of focus twig, which can be cropped out) has real drama - I hope you've got a hi-res original, because this is a real contender ...

... as is this one - I'd want to loose a bit off the left & bottom, and the framing/rotation of the camera could have been a bit better, but otherwise it's a winner :y:

I'll PM you my email address if you haven't already got it :)

Re: 2013 Tamiyabase Calendar 11 years 10 months ago #10452

& yes, I realise I'm a far better picture editor/critic than I am a photographer :D :silly: :S

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.