Keyword

TOPIC:

My workshop 3 years 10 months ago #60087

The biggest tamiya kit you ever built. Your workshop looks bigger than my loft. :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My workshop 3 years 10 months ago #60089

The biggest tamiya kit you ever built.

And like all kit's, The devil is in the details hahahaha

Your workshop looks bigger than my loft. :D

:blink: :blush: :laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by AndyAus.

My workshop 3 years 10 months ago #60257

Very happy with today, I got everything I had planned to do done :) Firstly I painted the first coat of cream enamel paint on the walls of the clean room, Then I did the first coat of exterior stain on the front of the shop :side: Lastly I cut up a heap of the old deck boards, Fitted some insulation then installed the boards :P Other side tomorrow and then I need to figure out what material I will use for the back wall 🤔 It will all be painted light grey in the end :side:

Attachment not found

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Last edit: by AndyAus.

My workshop 3 years 10 months ago #60262

I like the wood band.

My workshop 3 years 10 months ago #60263

I like the wood band.

Attachments:

My workshop 3 years 10 months ago #60307

So today was about having a good cleanup inside the shop, then installing the insulation and boards on the other side wall :side: The paint in the clean room wasn't dry enough as it's a bit cold, I'll have to seal the corners tomorrow and do the 2nd coat next weekend :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

My workshop 3 years 10 months ago #60343

Today I focused on the back wall of the shop, Because of the frame normal insulation would be impossible so I cut some more recycled OSB to fit in the spaces. 3 layers in the frame then one over them to make it 50mm thick :) I will add insulation in the section above the tin before a final layer of ply from top down to the top of the tin, Once that is done the final layer of finish board can go on :) I am putting a lot on effort in to this wall for insulation as it is the end where the bad neighbour is and I just don;t want to hear him hahahahahaha.. I also managed to get the frame for the door in and seal the corners of the clean room ready for more paint :D

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

My workshop 3 years 10 months ago #60352

I like this a lot :y:

You can also use styrofoam for insulation ;)

Don't know if you know this, but roads here with heaves due the cold weather sometimes use big blocks of styrofoam to insulate the road from the ground when they are being upgraded.

My workshop 3 years 10 months ago #60430

Sorry about your nasty neighbour, Andy, but your workshop is nicer than my house!

My workshop 3 years 10 months ago #60431

Sorry about your nasty neighbour, Andy,

It's all good Martin, I have been working positively with my council and have formed a good relationship with them based on honesty. Any time my Nasty Neighbour try's to cause trouble the council just shuts them down ;) Once our new drive is complete the crowning moment will be a sign by the council advising no parking in the court !

but your workshop is nicer than my house!

Thank you for your kind words, I have put an enormous amount of thought and effort in to this and can hardly wait to start using the space to complete some wonderfully RC Restorations :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.