Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 11 years 5 months ago #15548

Nicely done JR :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 11 years 5 months ago #15577

Here here, it's always this kind of attention to detail that grabs my eye, beautiful job Jonny!

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 11 years 4 months ago #15793

Started on the OW01 kit - some subassembly & all the painting; I didn't think the transfers were going to work that well on the fuel tank (which looks spookily like a Farscape DRD :whistle: ), fairing, bellypan & front mudguard, so I painted them instead :)

Attachments:

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 11 years 4 months ago #15878

More progress ...

... quite a lot of leftover transfers :whistle:

I'm much happier with how this one came out - I'm a lot more confident I can do the RC30 justice :)

Another couple of kits to add to the list - Tamiya Ducati 900 Mike Hailwood Replica is straighforward enough, the other is a Hales /OHTA Yamaha Mini Racer ... I'm really not convinvced it's a genuine bike - it looks like an early DT50 but missing its lights, clock, airbox, battery & sidepanels, but gaining later Kawasaki wheels & inexplicable watercooling :huh: ?

Re: Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 11 years 4 months ago #16030

I've started on the Hales/Ohta kit... standards of realism & fit are truly appalling. I've seen better models come out of cheap Christmas crackers :angry:

Edit - completely lost patience with it & binned it :angry:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 10 years 3 months ago #27262

It's been a while since I touched one of these kits, but I fancied doing one & built the Ducati Mike Hailwood Replica over the last few days :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: achmedachmed

Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 10 years 3 months ago #27265

Why am i only just finding this thread :woohoo: its awesome

Jon that Ducati is :evil:

Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 10 years 3 months ago #27300

:woohoo: I am fan of the tamiya bikes. My wife offered one for last Christmas. And wahouuuuu :y: :y: :y:

Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 10 years 3 months ago #27314

Also built the Tesi ... this one made me feel a bit old, it doesn't seem that long ago when the idea of hub centre steering was new - and the date on the kit is 1992 :blink: In the end it didn't really catch on (although IIRC Yamaha built a bike with a similar forkless design), it didn't work any better, plus the added weight + the need for all-encompassing bodywork to hide all the extra levers & rods made for bikes that looked a lot portlier than average.

Note the price on the box - I paid a bit less than the "reduced" price, no way would I have paid the full Duck-Billed Platypus for it :blink:

Also note the left over transfers - painting the red on means I don't have the very fine line around the edges, but I still think it looks better than the transfers would have done :)

Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 10 years 3 months ago #27324

Jon your paintwork is the best pal it looks so realistic its a beautiful chassis design then they hide it all behind that big plastic fairing :silly:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.