Keyword

TOPIC:

Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 10 years 2 months ago #27392

Bought a small heap of riders from Seidel...

Someone remind my where Tamiya got their strapline "First in quality around the world", because it sure a H E double hockeysticks isn't from the standard of the shutlines on some their mouldings :whistle: ....

Obviously there are differences in the dimensions of the bikes so you wouldn't expect all riders to fit all bikes, but the two "Starting" riders built up for the Ducati & Bimota ok, as did the "Racing" rider I decided to put on the NSR ... the OW01 "Racing" rider did need small adjustments to one shoulder & one armpit; the "Straight Run" rider though wouldn't fit anything & I had to widen the crotch & armpits considerably. I'm expecting to have to do the same for the other one for the VFR, but that's still NIB ATM & will come later.

5 out of 6 ready for primer ... I can't see that being for a long time, I fully expect to be brush painting these next winter :whistle:

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 10 years 2 months ago #27493

Having bitched about the weather, it changed almost immediately & i got the primer on the same afternoon :whistle: ...

Techniques are the usual - base coats, high- & low lights, colour washes, homemade transfers etc ...

For the Bimota rider I attempted a modern "Dayglo Babygro" look ... that turned out to be pretty tedious to do, so the Katana got a very basic black look ...

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 10 years 2 months ago #27494

... Ducati rider got a somewhat period race suit look; it was probably a mistake to do five in one hit because I got a bit bored with the other two ...

Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 10 years 2 months ago #27495

Hi JR, absolutely a super job. :y: :y: the riders is the finishing touch. How about a diorama?

Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 10 years 2 months ago #27496

:woohoo: amazing Jonny your job motives me to buy pilots for my bikes :blush:

Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 7 years 2 months ago #42257

Not done one of these for a while, bike this time is a Honda Stream 3-wheeler, it's an Aoshima kit so I'll gloss over that ... figure is a Tamiya Racing Rider that needed considerable fettling - note huge gaps at shoulders & waist during test fit:

... gaps filled with Milliput, right shoulder looked way wrong so ....

... I Dremelled it back. Weather is not at all amenable to spraying, so "primer" is two coats of XF-2 Flat White ...

Working on the paint ...

Visor needs attaching but this is it pretty much done:

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 7 years 2 months ago #42262

Classic :laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Tamiya 1/12 Bike builds 7 years 2 months ago #42263

:laugh: crazy scooter! funnier than a MP3

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.