Keyword

TOPIC:

** 2014 ** TamiyaBase.com Calendar 11 years 1 month ago #19517

do we have a theme for next years calendar, looks to be outdoor driving.
Me think it would be nice if it looks like the car drove to its position and is not just put in the spot were it is, and a driver, I would like to see cars where somebody is behind the wheel.

:lol:

If I could pick a theme it would be action shots ... but TBH I'll settle for 13 decent shots/montages of any description, there's enough juggling to be done with getting enough different types & ages of cars from as many contributors as possible & trying to get some seasonal feel to the calendar as a whole as it is without being too prescriptive about it.

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

** 2014 ** TamiyaBase.com Calendar 11 years 1 month ago #19749

I've been taking outiside pics with my Monster Beetly this WE...maybe another Calendar candidate ?? :P :P :P

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

** 2014 ** TamiyaBase.com Calendar 11 years 1 month ago #19750

** 2014 ** TamiyaBase.com Calendar 11 years 1 month ago #19751

And the last one :P

Thanks for looking
Attachments:

** 2014 ** TamiyaBase.com Calendar 11 years 1 month ago #19752

Great photo's Manotas!!! :y: Really love the MB. Must make a move on with my running projects and def finish my MB!! :)

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

** 2014 ** TamiyaBase.com Calendar 11 years 1 month ago #19754

Thanks for posting the pics Manotas :y:

However, I do feel the need to make some points about some of the technical aspects ... This is not meant as a rubbishing of your efforts BTW, it's intended to get better photos from everyone (myself included), resulting in a better calendar.

You might also want to remember the adage "those that can, do. Those that can't, criticise" ;)

You'll see I've used the same phrases over & over again - in general I think this set has some recurring problems - the antenna on the car, 1:1 objects (especially those road marker poles), sharpness (which I'm hoping is just a result of reducing large images to forum size), and grass - it's rarely kind to photos of scale cars, especially when there are tufty bits in the foreground :(

2250: untidy antenna wire, angle too high, angle too wide, uninspiring, sharpness
2251: untidy antenna wire, 1:1 stuff, angle too wide, uninspiring, sharpness
2253: untidy antenna wire, 1:1 stuff, odd angle, poor framing, uninspiring, sharpness
2254: untidy antenna wire, 1:1 stuff, odd angle, poor framing, uninspiring, sharpness
2255: untidy antenna wire, angle too high & wide, 1:1 stuff, uninspiring, sharpness
2259: untidy antenna wire, poor framing, sharpness, odd lighting (flash? washed out foreground)
2261: untidy antenna wire, angle too high, angle too wide, uninspiring, sharpness
2263: untidy antenna wire, angle too high, angle too wide, uninspiring, sharpness
2265: untidy antenna wire, angle too wide, poor framing, uninspiring, sharpness
2266: untidy antenna wire, angle too wide, uninspiring, sharpness
2267: untidy antenna wire, grass in foreground, road marker pole through roof,sharpness
2268: untidy antenna, foreground grass, road marker/roof, framing marginal, sharpness
2269: untidy antenna wire, foreground grass, road marker/ roof, poor framing, sharpness
2270: untidy antenna wire, angle too high/wide, 1:1 stuff, uninspiring, sharpness
2271: untidy antenna wire, 1:1 stuff, grass in foreground, uninspiring, sharpness
2272: untidy antenna wire, 1:1 stuff, grass in foreground, uninspiring, sharpness
2273: untidy antenna wire, 1:1 stuff, grass in foreground, sharpness

On to the positive - I do like the composition of 2267 :y: but it has a few too many flaws to be a candidate IMO :(

2259 - assuming the original is of higher resolution so I can crop a lot of the left & some of the sky out, despite its flaws, this has something the other pics don't & is a genuine candidate :y:

Attachments:

** 2014 ** TamiyaBase.com Calendar 11 years 1 month ago #19761

Hi JR,

Thank you for your inputs/remarks. I will keep them in mind the next time i'll take pictures.

The bad sharpness is mostly due to the compression for the forum publication...

Thanks again.

I will send you the orginal pictures via E-mail in a few so you can analyse them :P

thanks

** 2014 ** TamiyaBase.com Calendar 11 years 1 month ago #19762

I will send you the orginal pictures via E-mail in a few so you can analyse them :P

thanks

Just # 2259 please :)

** 2014 ** TamiyaBase.com Calendar 10 years 8 months ago #23740

Due to various reasons (principally, lack of contributions, and huge jumps in printing & postage costs) I won't be taking the production of a 2014 calendar any further

:(

** 2014 ** TamiyaBase.com Calendar 10 years 8 months ago #23742

Hi Jonny,

I understand your point of view....but i must honestly say i was very anxious for a new calendar !

Anyway, i agree with that the prices went drastically up, in concerns of postage and other fees.

I've had a look of what would cost tp produce such a calendar in Switzerland. ( Swiss calandar here )

I would pick the A4 option for 23.95 Swiss francs (more or less 19.50€). To reduce the costs i would pay the postage fee to my address.
In addition to this, to reduce the costs a bit more, the payment could be made via banktransfer in order to avoid pay pal fees.

To resume, i'd be happy to produce the calendar and send it to all the people who wants one, of course the postage may vary depending on the location.

By now i can just say it's going to cost 19.50€ + postage

Just keep me informed if anyone is intrested or if someone has a better idea.

Manotas

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.