Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16345

Quite pleased with myself today... replaced throttle cable on my 3 Series whilst nursing scalpel stabbed finger! Yay, bring on an engine swap next!!

Anyone want to buy a s/h throttle cable??? :P
<p>Current projects:</p>

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16348

959boy,
Sure it is hand made: It has a finger taste :P :silly: :y:

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16352

Nicely done. I'm a big fan of working on cars myself. Been doing it since I got my first car when I was 16 (38 now :P ). Did all kinds of stuff on my 1986 Honda Civic (my first car). Motor swap, clutches, heads, brakes, tune ups, etc...... Saves me all kinds of money and that can be spent on other fun stuff like RC cars! :woohoo: I even make a couple bucks from it from time to time and lots of free food and beer! :whistle:

I love the feeling of grease in an open wound. :laugh:
Current Project: The Dylan Project Grasshopper

My Projects in the works: The Fighting Frog, The Restoration of my Fox, Back in the Day Blackfoot Racer, The JRX-2's, Yokomo YZ-10's of fury x3

I'm not a Re-re yet!

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16354

Cheers Hollowman... my days started on my 'first' which was a 1976 Toyota Corona. I loved that car, but it ended up in that scrapyard in the sky after I got T-boned by an uninsured child!

I used to be able to stand in the engine bay of my '76 Fairmont when carrying out an oil change!
Today's cars, you can't even see the floor!!

Civic's are great cars too :y:

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16359

When I was younger, I disliked tuning. But since I have the right to drive, I love to tune my cars. I have not enough money to make all what I want but I love to have a different car. Next month I bought a 99' VW POLO. Next stage is: clutch replacement, direct admission air filter kit, better lights(100WATTS) and some neons and other leds... :huh:
I loved the mechanics but now I can't :cry:

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16361

VW's are great and easy to work on. I had a Mk 3 Golf which was a great car.. had it for 12 years.

I've started to 'mod' my e36 coupe, but I'm not going to go crazy with it. I'd like to get an M3 kit, but that won't be for a long while. I love the retro design of the e36, and I hope to keep it for many years to come. :y:

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16367

I'm more of a bike guy myself :)
I've been turning this :blink:

into this :ohmy:

Attachment 012800x532.jpg not found

For my wife :laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16368

Hey that's awesome! It has a Triumph perspective... nice one :y:

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16369

Andyaus - RS's are fantastic, I've had 2 of them. Getting a bit thin on the ground here now though, most ate their head/camshaft journals.

Porsche959boy - re donk-bay space - ha yeah, I used to get all kinds of funny looks doing engine work on my old Hilux, I used to SIT in the engine bay when working on it (Cos I'm tiny...), it's the only way I could reach any of it!

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16371

I miss tinkering with carburettors and hemi's... just have to plug your car in to a computer for diagnostics now. The old Ford was built like a tank... a 4.1 litre straight six...but you can still gap your plugs old school stylie!

Last edit: by Porsche959Boy.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.