Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16377

HI!... I like to tinker in the garage time to time........ :laugh:

- 1983 Ford Ranger "Pro Street" 408c.i 713H.P
- 1999 Ford F-150 "Pro Street" 5.4L T-88 turbo (Still being built, looking for at least 900RWH.P)
- 2007 Ford Ranger Sport, 4.0L (V6)300H.P, daily driver. Will be getting a GT-35R custom turbo set-up this Summer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16380

Right now I'm working on my Capri, see thread elsewere on this forum.
Will change from 2.3 V6 to 2.9 12v EFI with 250hp, working good on a 1100kg car :y:

I'm on my 6th Capri now, my latest one will be a keeper :y:

During winter I will be doing a full rebuild, external paintjob next winter..

Things I hate are mordern cars and FWD.

Rear steer is the only way :silly:

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16390

I used to do a lot - engine rebuilds, welding, etc, but since knackering my back a couple of years ago I can't even do basic servicing anymore :(

I do an occasional small bit of upholstery, trim & paint for my Dad's old cars - he currently has a 50's Morris Minor, and a 30's Austin 7 will be coming in the new year :)

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16393

I used to do quite a bit when I was younger, including a ground-up restoration on a 1973 Triumph Spitfire. Now I don't have a garage and have relatively new cars (2006 VW Passat and my wife's 2001 Fiesta) which are just too complicated.

After paying nearly

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16399

I'd love to run a classic as my everyday car, but I'm too used to 45mpg fuel economy, heated seats and air con :whistle:

I've got to admit, I do like heated seats & climate control - but the one thing I really wouldn't want to give up is my heated front windscreen :y:

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16400

I'd love to run a classic as my everyday car, but I'm too used to 45mpg fuel economy, heated seats and air con :whistle:

I've got to admit, I do like heated seats & climate control - but the one thing I really wouldn't want to give up is my heated front windscreen :y:

Yeah, I have one of those too. Invaluable with a diesel engine which takes ages to warm up.

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16407

Ehhh, I can have heated front window for my 78' Capri :P , a member on a UK forum make these..
You can also buy heating elements for seat if your in need of a retrim, but they are not cheap!!
I will take a retro car with modern gizzmos over a modern car anyday :silly:

Fault with modern cars of today, they have too much electronc stuff that can stop working, must be horror stories in 20 years when they are well used cars..
My mate 05' 5 series BMW estate has 60 control boxes/modules, many of these are expensive to replace..
Think what will happen when half of them are dead......., prob a dead car and a locked one too :pinch:

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16413

Got any pics to post up? The builds sound great... how about a pic of the Capri? :y:
<p>Current projects:</p>

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16420

:laugh:
Fun caf

Re: Home mechanics! 11 years 4 months ago #16422

When I got it

www.tamiyabase....ge-lo.html

More pics and of the build can be found here:
www.scale4x4rc....hp?t=67806

Last edit: by caprinut.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.