Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Calling all Trail / Crawler vehicles 12 years 2 months ago #7154

Hey guys, I'm seeing more and more crawler / trail vehicles on this site, and I was wondering if you guys would be able to post pictures of you vehicles here. I always love looking at everyones creativity with regards to trail trucks and crawlers.

Give a brief description and parts list.

Tamiya CC-01 Pajero:

HPI gear reduction unit
Aluminium steering mod
drop-link suspension
Losi MRC tires
Proline spotlight bar
waterproof electronics

Tamiya Ford F350 3SPD:

Hobbywing EZ run 21.5 turn Brushless
4 link suspension
motor inverted
direct steering mod
locked diffs
custom Cage work

Well, hope to see everyone's vehicles soon...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Calling all Trail / Crawler vehicles 12 years 2 months ago #7157

You'll have a long wait for mine, gotta finish the cheetah, fix my 1/5th, finish the TXT, & put the quattro back together before I can start building one! It is definately on the list though, & already having sleepless nights thinking about how it's gonna be done! Oh yeah, intended to do a "show n tell" on the TXT too....
The following user(s) Liked this: Louisbaby

Re: Calling all Trail / Crawler vehicles 12 years 2 months ago #7162

Other than brushing some of the dirt off & fixing the headlight I haven't done anything to my ORV Wildcat, so I won't feel too guilty about posting an old pic ...

Chassis is re-re Frog with a locked diff, 55T motor, Team CRP bumper & vintage Pajero Wheelie wheels & tyres...

Body is an ABS vacformed Kamtec Bowler Wildat with the front bumper, grille & windows cut out & filled/replaced/glazed, the winch works off the right stick up/down on the TX, lights via the "landing gear" switch on the TX, spare wheels are vintage Rough Rider rears, there's also a Wild Willy jerrycan on the back & headlights on the front, interior is a repro Tamiya "rally" type, drivers heads, roof rails & snorkel are Donn Jarr items, spades are 1/12th dolls house ... luggage, number plates & "ropes" are homemade... think that's about it ...

... All in all, it has to be the worlds least capable scaler, getting stuck as much as an unmodified XC chassis with a free rear diff... I know what I _should_ do is treat it to a decent chassis, but it does has some endearing qualities ... well, one - the tyre squealing, inside front wheel lifting & ludicrous Ackerman angle-having donuts :D

The only other car I have with even vaguely scale pretensions is a re-re Pajero MTW, which is bog stock apart from a locked rear diff, 35T motor & LEDs in the front headlamp buckets & spot lights.
Attachments:

Re: Calling all Trail / Crawler vehicles 12 years 2 months ago #7170

It's a work in progress but this DF-01 should be able to do some nice trailing with the right mods :

The basis is a Manta Ray chassis with all kinds of GPM alloy on it.
It's got long TG-10 / TLT wheel axles and 12mm long M chassis hexes.
Shock towers are carbon GPM for a TA02...
Gotta sort some stuff out before it's fully functional. :whistle:
Way too fast with a 23 turns Lrp right now :

Re: Calling all Trail / Crawler vehicles 12 years 2 months ago #7172

I know you've seen them before, but I was feeling left out...
Mu is standard other than homemade mirrors. Need to get the front bumper off & re-chrome it.
High-lift has homemade wheels & a lot of work lowering it to look more sensible. Intention when I bought it was to matt black it & have fun, but once I'd finished building it, I just couldn't bear to run it in anger! Got a video somewhere of it dragging me around the office on a wheely chair!
Attachments:

Re: Calling all Trail / Crawler vehicles 12 years 2 months ago #7180

Still one of my favourites JR, nice Wildkat. the scale accessories are awesome. You should build a Toyota Hilux, and put all your homebuilt accessories on the back...

I've already commented on your MU Eddrick, I want one of those. Your Hilux is just as cool.
The following user(s) Liked this: eddrick

Re: Calling all Trail / Crawler vehicles 12 years 2 weeks ago #8769

My custom SWAT Ford f150 09' based on Bruiser chassis and High Lift axles.
Body are New Bright

And trailer

The Bugbuddy I built for my mate

My 4x4 Lunchbox, custom chassis, tlt axles, stampede gearbox, winch, led and trailer

My Jeep, many diffrent chassis onthis one, started as a Bronco with leafs, I think I had 4 chassis on this until I sold it. But allways with stampede axles and stampede gearbox

My Pajero, body now sold, but still have the chassis

My yellow beetle based on a SCX chassis, my mates Jeep on the left

Project flames, now sold

Trailer for my arctic build (Pajero)

Think I have listed most of my trail rigs....

Re: Calling all Trail / Crawler vehicles 12 years 2 weeks ago #8771

My CR, got most of the usefull tamiya hopups.

now Yellow

my Warthog

now got TLT wheels and tires, still work in progress.

SCX with rocklights (or as my GF says blue Xmasstree)

prefer my CR the gearbox isnt so loud as the SCX

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: Calling all Trail / Crawler vehicles 12 years 2 weeks ago #8772

@ caprinut - I'd like to see more of what's going on "under the hood" on the Lunchbox & the trailers :y:

Re: Calling all Trail / Crawler vehicles 12 years 2 weeks ago #8780

Me too - always been a fan of the Ford Transit County (4x4) & that looks near-as-dammit. Love the yellow bug, possibly the only one I've seen that I like!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.