Keyword

TOPIC:

The Fox will be reissued! 11 years 1 week ago #20940

I hadn't noticed, but the Fox is being reissued by Tamiya...
Model number 58577.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut.

The Fox is alive! 11 years 1 week ago #20949

It's about time.

The Fox will be reissued! 11 years 1 week ago #20962

Me wants if it's the same as the vintage, and not on a daft new chassis..

The Fox will be reissued! 11 years 1 week ago #20963

It was bound to happen - I've only just bought & fixed up a couple of originals ;)

The Fox will be reissued! 11 years 1 week ago #20966

HI!... Great, now my $400 mint condition built out of the box and never run Fox will be worth $90.... :(

What's next Tamiya? Re-re Bigwig? So the 4 I have will be worth $100 combined... How about making some new cars instead of making re-re's. :whistle:

The Fox will be reissued! 11 years 1 week ago #20968

HI!... Great, now my $400 mint condition built out of the box and never run Fox will be worth $90.... :(

What's next Tamiya? Re-re Bigwig? So the 4 I have will be worth $100 combined... How about making some new cars instead of making re-re's. :whistle:

Anyone is looking at RC as an investment should have got by now - it's been obvious for some time that nothing is "safe" from being re-released ...

Even so, I don't see any evidence that re-releases harm the financial value of decent examples of the originals - prices of tat do take a hammering, but the better the condition of a car, the less it's affected.

:)

The Fox will be reissued! 11 years 1 week ago #20970

I think a big part of those who buy a rere eventualy also want to have the original.
The same thing happens with 1:1 cars, the 'real' mini and 500 are getting more popular again.

The Fox will be reissued! 11 years 1 week ago #20988

Wish they'd stop messing about with re-res & put some effort into coming up with something special/decent, rather than messing about with engineering that's over 2 decades old.
Where would Honda be if they followed suit? C'mon Japs, you're supposed to be leaders in this sort of thing!

The Fox will be reissued! 11 years 3 days ago #21201

I haven't been on here in some time.
Or looking at what Tamiya is up to....
Then I see...the FOX!
WAHHHHAAAHHHAAA here we go again!
Tamiya does the re-pop of another old 80's black plastic chassis buggy that kept them a float in the tide of the USA made RC10's and the Kyosho buggies.
I'm sooo glad I sold off 95% of my NIP FOX parts!
I might buy a used one for $50[at most soon!] floating on ebay and beat the guts outta it just like old times in the GOLDEN ERA(1985) when I raced a few crazy trick FOX's.
I'm just getting into racing the huge gas powered HPI 1/5 scale buggies here now.
Its also time to bring back vintage RC buggy racing.
The Tamiya vintage cars are worth nothing now, so why not run the guts outta them.
Shelf queens...not any more!

heres one for all of US ta chew on....
I think only the few Tamiya old on-road cars and two or three of the all-metal chassis buggies/trucks wont ever be reissued!
I'm still miffed by the lack of Tamiya repoping the SRB-F150 Ranger, but it still may happen?
Cars of the past like the CANAM Lola, the B2B sidecar(I love so much), Porsche 936, F1-F2 cars, the Tornado, or the FW07 Williams I'm sure Tamiya will never reissue?
I really -would- like to buy a new issue FW07 just to beat on it like I do my new issue JPS Lotus79.
And the Martini 936 Lemans winning car from 1976!
I'm still looking for another cheap 936 and a kit box......

The super Champ I really think might be the last, if ever reissued.
All the rest of the cheap-to-make black plastic chassis buggies and a few on road cars like the Honda 99T F1 are sure to be nothing you want to hoard and collect any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
I bet next on the *Tamiya board room* reissue topic table will be the Honda City wheeler??
I really thought it was on the way before now....then Tamiya comes out with a WILLY TRACTOR?!!! :pinch:
The corn farmers in Iowa USA must love these!!!!!!!!!! :silly: :lol: :silly: :lol:

I'm glad I'm into vintage Kyosho and a few USA made 1980's cars which still hold high values.
Its 90'F here in the western USA!
I'm off to ride my jetskis and say BAH HUMBUG to vintage Tamiya collecting!
robracer

Last edit: by robracer.

The Fox will be reissued! 11 years 3 days ago #21203

I really don't mind if they re-re every car Tamiya has ever made. It makes no difference! I do not collect these cars for their monetary value because frankly in my country they are worth less than a used TT01. I like the way these cars were built back in the day. They were crude, clumsy and heavy in most cases, but it didn't matter because they looked proper. Performance is now everything. Modern designs quite frankly bore the badword out of me. You can't tell a Yokomo from an Xray or a TRF and the list goes on. I do own a few re-re cars and I am badword proud to own them.

I once heard a saying that I always keep with me. There is no point in knowing the price of everything if you don't know the value of anything.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.