Keyword

TOPIC:

The Fox will be reissued! 10 years 11 months ago #21437

Here are some photos of the new Fox:

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Fox will be reissued! 10 years 11 months ago #21439

THREE CHEERS to LARS!!!! :y:
I see Tamiya will be throwing all you 'new' FOX buyers a bone.....
L@@K at the front swaybar set-up.
That used to cost $30usd extra in 1985!

The decals.....well you cant win them all! :whistle:
I really find the JOKER decals to be the best of all for the new ''NOVA'' FOX?!
Whats with the ''NOVA''? :woohoo:
Chevy already did that in the 60-70's in the USA car market! wahhhhhhhhhhhaaa :lol: :silly: :lol: :silly: :lol: :silly: :lol: :silly:
robracer

The Fox will be reissued! 10 years 11 months ago #21446

Hmmm, think I'll need one :woohoo:

The Fox will be reissued! 10 years 11 months ago #21447

Hmmm, think I'll need one :woohoo:

I do too. But I'll be on the lookout for OG decals or maybe print my own. The new fake sponsors bug me to no end.

The Fox will be reissued! 10 years 11 months ago #21482

The new fake sponsors bug me to no end.

I totally agree with you Dasbeermeister ! I hate thos fake sponsor decals too !
But as you said, the self print solution is the best way to keep those models "iconic" :P
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

The Fox will be reissued! 10 years 10 months ago #22958

I have notice that on ebay (Australia) there has been a spike in the number of Fox's listed of late (currently 5) plus quite a few spares too. :ohmy:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

The Fox will be reissued! 10 years 10 months ago #22962

I have notice that on ebay (Australia) there has been a spike in the number of Fox's listed of late (currently 5) plus quite a few spares too. :ohmy:

I'll be interested in seeing how much they go for. It seems to me vintage rc isn't selling as well this year, but that just my observation, has anyone else had similar or different observations?

regards

Johann

The Fox will be reissued! 10 years 9 months ago #22964

I've just been looking at the manual for the NovaFox & spotted quite a few changes: some we already knew about, some had been theorised about, some are inevitable progress ... and some seem incredibly cheap and lazy :S

- Steering servo seal replaced with foam tape

- Battery/motor wire seal omitted

- ESC replaces MSC, mount plate & resistors

- Front antiroll bar: ends fitted through existing hole on top wishbone & ball plate, bar rotation controlled by penny washers added to 2x front top mechanism box screws

- Shocks: now have regular expansion diaphragm instead of floating piston & spring

- Gearbox outdrives retained by e-ring circlips instead of wire rings

- Outdrives & hubs now slotted for new dogbone driveshafts, alloy caps & driveshaft boots omitted

- Antenna: now plastic pipe type with seperate alloy holder

- Decals: fox becomes novafox, bogus sponsors etc

No doubt there are other detail changes, and we can expect the plating colour on most of the fasteners to have changed too ...

The Fox will be reissued! 10 years 9 months ago #22965

I'll be interested in seeing how much they go for. It seems to me vintage rc isn't selling as well this year, but that just my observation, has anyone else had similar or different observations?

regards

Johann

I'm more interested in what happened in the 6 months before Tamiya announced the re-release, than in the 3 month or so between the announcement & the cars hitting the shelves TBH...

This I suspect is the root of a phenomenon I've noted before - I buy 1 or 2 of a particular car, restore them, and within 3 to 6 months, Tamiya re-release it. This has happened several times recently - Pajero wheelie, Sand Rover, Holiday Buggy, XR311, Fox ...

Obviously, it's always been silly to think that Tamiya cared in the slightest what I was doing, spotted it, and went from the idea of a re-release to production in just a few months; what I think is more likely is that Tamiya have a substantial leak, and this results in a number of cars being sold, to the point that the prices become low enough & the ubiquity high enough that I become interested in buying one.

I do note, however, that this theory, which moves away from it being a conspiracy against me personally, goes to one requiring a shadowy cabal of Tamiya owners with inside knowledge of Tamiya's re-release plans :laugh: :silly: :blink:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.