Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Who is going for the re re released 58004 XR311 ?? 12 years 4 months ago #5180

Who is going to buy the FMC XR311 Combat support vehicle? :woohoo:

After being released in 1977, re-released in 2001, now it will be for sale as a RE-RE-RElease on friday 30 December 2011..

It has been awfully quiet around the re-re-released on all the forums. Do all you guys already have one? At least I want to buy it in some time :silly: . Just hope the changes are not to big compared to 1977 and 2001.

Feraz
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Who is going for the re re released 58004 XR311 ?? 12 years 4 months ago #5186

It's not one I'm that enthusiastic about, even though I have just restored an original 1977 XR311 ... I can see why Tamiya want to re-re-release it - it has a lot of milestones for them (1st off roader, 1st with "semi-pneumatic" tyres, 1st with independant double wishbone suspension all round) ... but let's face it, the suspension & body are incredibly fragile - and though the re-release had hybrid metal/plastic torsion bars, Tamiya didn't do anything about all the other flaws.

AFAIK the only differences between the 1977 release & the 2001 re-release were the torsion bars, the lettering was omitted from the tyres, and the underguard was precut - I expect the re-re-release to be the same as the re-release :)

overall, I'm feeling "meh" about the re-re-release, but if it floats your boat, go for it :D
The following user(s) Liked this: achmedachmed

Re: Who is going for the re re released 58004 XR311 ?? 12 years 4 months ago #5188

I understand,I felt just like you when the SRBs came back after 30 years and i just bought 3 of them a year earlier..
The Cheetah re-release would make more sence than the XR311 for the 3rd time.. But who understands Tamiya when it comes to releasing???? :P. 2012 would be a nice year for the Cheetah though :D

Re: Who is going for the re re released 58004 XR311 ?? 12 years 4 months ago #5189

If I'm not mistaken, it's only the second rerere (after the C11) that Tamiya issues.
But honestly I'd much rather have an SRB in the collection. They're just beautiful.
And then there's the fact of all the other cool cars that are (almost) on the market.
Like the Avante 2011 for example. :woohoo:

Re: Who is going for the re re released 58004 XR311 ?? 12 years 4 months ago #5194

And then there's the fact of all the other cool cars that are (almost) on the market.
:woohoo:

Yeah, go Bruiser go :silly:

Re: Who is going for the re re released 58004 XR311 ?? 12 years 4 months ago #5201

Another re-release XR311? Why? Tamiya are getting as bad as BBC3 & their re-runs of Two pints The wedding! I was a bit confused when they released the F350 High lift & anticipated the Hilux version, just accepting that they weren't going to copy the original 3-speeds, then they re-release an almost identical copy of the SRB.... The re-re-re (or should it be doh fah so, or DOH! so far) would explain why NIB XR311 body parts have been creeping onto Ebay recently. I think I'd like one, to sit next to the box of broken cheetah bits I have, but I suspect the price tag will be prohibitive - the local(ish) model supermarket has several High-lists. CRs CCs etc sitting on their shelves cos the people around here just can't afford them (Local currency is sugar beet & turkeys) & in most cases the decion has to be made "Tamiya model kit or 4x second hand mondeos?" Yes, why not re-release the Bruiser, or a new bodied version of that chassis?

Re: Who is going for the re re released 58004 XR311 ?? 12 years 4 months ago #5203

I understand,I felt just like you when the SRBs came back after 30 years and i just bought 3 of them a year earlier..
The Cheetah re-release would make more sence than the XR311 for the 3rd time.. But who understands Tamiya when it comes to releasing???? :P. 2012 would be a nice year for the Cheetah though :D

It's not that Tamiya have re-released it just after I've bought an original - I'm well used to that, the same thing happened with the Holiday Buggy, Sand Rover & Pajero wheelie ...

Re: Who is going for the re re released 58004 XR311 ?? 12 years 4 months ago #5204

... Local currency is sugar beet & turkeys ...

Had to LOL at that ... it does place you quite accurately though - mid Fens north of Ely? - further east into Suffolk & it would just be sugar beet, still further east into Norfolk & it would just be turkeys, South of Ely it's carrots, further south still it's parsnips ... further north into Lincolnshire & I'm not sure ... celery & leeks maybe? :D

Re: Who is going for the re re released 58004 XR311 ?? 12 years 4 months ago #5213

Ha, glad you understand where I'm coming from! "How much is the Tamiya re-release XR311?" "2 bob & a chicken...". Not sure about the Lincs folk - Sutton bridge is Wisbech-esc & the further north you go, the more like Yorkshiremen they get. I'd say celery was mid-spalding. Isn't tulips a Lincs thing too? If you get a chance, go to Aylsham auction/market - bet that's where they got the idea for "The hills have eyes"! Swaffham on a saturday's hilarious too... I heard recently that the saying "Norfolk people have webbed feet" came from back in the day when it was all a massive bog, with Ely an island in the middle (Isle of Ely...) & invaders were always astounded at how quickly the locals would be on them to fend them off, claiming "They must have webbed feet"... See, nothing to do with the in-breeding at all!

Re: Who is going for the re re released 58004 XR311 ?? 12 years 4 months ago #5272

The Euro might crash, so I will be selling Tamiya parts for food then :P. Just throw the Sugar beets and chickens in the NorthSea with a good Westernwind And I will be waiting on the otherside. (Saves S&H costs ;) )..If there were no Tamiyacollectors all mail/postcompanies would go bankrupt..

BTW, saw the XR311 already for sale, 185 dollars. Reasonable B) . www.stellamodel...ts_id=5994

Ik would like to see if it has the nice 1970/80 packingstyle, so I will leave it for a few months to look at :P Blisterpacks....Mmmmmmmmmm.

But ehhh.. Re-re-releasing this kit, does destroy the 'Limited release' title of the 2001 re-release :sick: ..

And yes I love to say re-re-release :silly:

Cheers
Feraz

Last edit: by achmedachmed.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.