Keyword

TOPIC:

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 5 months 4 weeks ago #76930

I see it also times to times... Seems that adds are more and more intrusive... And when it happens people tend to use add blockers more and more... Not sure what site owners can do, but this is probably resulting in less revenue from adds at the end...
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 5 months 4 weeks ago #76931

The page-load ads was normal and a test to see how they work.
I agree, they are annoying, so I have turned them of again.

It's a balancing act on how much ads I can put on the site, to try to recuperate some of the costs of running it, and still keep the users happy.
With a small-ish site like this, revenue from ads don't cover the costs of the servers unfortunately.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #77667

I believe there's an issue with "Tamiya VW Golf MK.2 GTI 16V Rally (58714)" - I do not think this is pre-painted as the current listing suggests. I haven't opened mine up yet, but all info suggests that you need paint to finish.
IG_tamiyaddiction

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 2 months 3 weeks ago #77683

I believe there's an issue with "Tamiya VW Golf MK.2 GTI 16V Rally (58714)" - I do not think this is pre-painted as the current listing suggests. I haven't opened mine up yet, but all info suggests that you need paint to finish.

This seem to another of those models numbers having different content for domestic Japan, and the rest of the world.
I've lately seen several examples where Japan gets pre-painted bodies, but Europe/USA gets kit with clear bodies. That is with the same kit number.
Links to Tamiya Japanese site: www.tamiya.com/...index.html
Link to Tamiya Inc English site: www.tamiya.com/...index.html

I should review the last couple iof years and update the database with this info, but I just don't have the time this spring.
-Lars

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 1 month 1 week ago #77994

Hello Lars. The "Model description and notes" section for model 58172  is inaccurate or out of date. My Taisan Starcard Porsche does indeed have the silver coloured gearboxes but so does model 58654 (I have one NIB and verified) and I'm fairly certain that model 84399 also comes with the silver gearboxes. When you select the parts from the "parts" section it does show them being compatible with the other two models.

Last edit: by Gronk.

Reports on the new site HERE!!! 1 month 1 week ago #77996

Hello Lars. The "Model description and notes" section for model 58172  is inaccurate or out of date. My Taisan Starcard Porsche does indeed have the silver coloured gearboxes but so does model 58654 (I have one NIB and verified) and I'm fairly certain that model 84399 also comes with the silver gearboxes. When you select the parts from the "parts" section it does show them being compatible with the other two models.

You are right, The 58172 description was written before the re-releases. I'll update it when I get the time.
Thank you for the input!
-Lars
EDIT: DataBase now updated.

Last edit: by larbut.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.