Keyword

TOPIC:

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21389

Hi all,

I just got the new wheels/tyres for this today. I'm just looking at smartening this one up so no major strip down and rebuild (I'll save that for another day :))

I'm looking at getting updated radio gear, new ESC, HiCap suspension, new body shell/wing and possibly a new motor.

Pictured is pretty much what I bought plus the recent wheel delivery already swapped in.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21391

good luck with finding the HiCaps the rerelease is sort of sold out. (at least the rear ones)

maybe the TRF damper sets are an option if you want to actualy run the car

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21392

Like this?! :)

www.ebay.co.uk/...35c6dc61bb

Bit pricey but i don't need them yet and I'm looking out for a complete/partial car with them included.

Additionally I'm waiting for my new speed controller to arrive from modelsport

Cheers,

John

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21401

And talking of motors I'll have the choice of a new Sport Tuned, old technigold or dynatech or new non Tamiya brand. The first two choices are purely for aesthetic value and relatively cheap as well as being fairly safe choices for a newcommer like me but is there any mileage in another brand? Is brushless a valid option?

Thanks

J

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21404

:evil: TECHNIGOLD...
I don't think that the brushless is a good idea. Avantes are fragile... Or maybe for a dragster...

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21410

I agree with stingray... go technigold. Brushless is a great option, but if you don't understand how to setup a brushless you can turn that pretty buggy into a stain on a brick wall in a hurry!

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21416

:unsure: I think that th e transmission will not support the brushless. especially ball diffs.
I ran in very poor terrains with mine but one time I gone dirt on grass and I broke a front hub. the brushless is too hard for the avante

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21417

Aye OK. I'll chose either a new Sport Tuned or a used Technigold.

Out of interest what is the bee's knees of electric RC cars at the moment, in any scale or brand?

J

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21419

Depends on what you're looking for of course but this is pretty impressive :

Avante 2001 10 years 11 months ago #21427

Not nearly as impressive as an Avante though. :silly:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.