Keyword

TOPIC:

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25674

Yes, sorry about that, when i see my father and we talk about cars and designers he always calls him little Farina, in my language it's normal when the son is named after his father to add little to his name, my Italian isn't that great but i guess pinin means little in a respectfull way offcourse.
Maybe interesting for you to know (if you sllready don't) the Gr.B racing engine in the 037 is made by Abarth, most fans know this, but the block itself, the casting is made by Ferrari, it was and still is a wonderfull car, together with the Alfa Montreal it's my alltime favorite, to give cars this kind off caracter is something they only understand in Italy.

Cheers Rick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25677

I didn't know that the block of the motor was a Ferrari.
Maybe you know that the 037 chassis is from another Lancia, the Beta Montecarlo if I remember well.
The real name of Pininfarina was Giovanni Battista Farina. He was the younger of many sons so the name Giovanni became Giovannino that is a endearment.
Giovanni lived in Torino (Piedmont region) and in the Piedmontese dialect Giovannino became Pinin.
Giovanni Farina knew a car pilot called Vincenzo Lancia and often (he was a little boy) he made the ballast when Lancia did tested the racing cars with his mechanic. They usually called him Pinin so he became Pinin Farina.
In 1961 the Italian President Giovanni Gronchi did autorize the change of the name from Giovanni Battista Farina aka Pinin in Battista (name) Pininfarina (surname) with a decree. This was an act of respect and recognition for the many years of philantropy of Pininfarina.

Max

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25683

Very interesting, thsnk you!!

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25698

:woohoo: A magnificient body on a amazing chassis. I never run with my TA03RSs but witu my impreza in TA03f stock same without bearings it is a real pleasure :whistle:

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25707

Yep i know, my favorite chassis for more than 20 years now, can't put my finger on it why but i guess it's something reliable and familiar.

Cheers Rick

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25762

The runner is done, the other new bodyset i have gets started this winter to have something to do on those dark and cold nights, the car allready ran also, it's no contender for a modern day car but it sure will put a smile on your face!!

The pics:

Thanks for watching and have a nice weekend all! Rick

Last edit: by Rick vS.

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25768

Well done Rick, Looks awesome nice detail and great colour :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25801

:lol: Fun colors :y: :y: :y:

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25820

Saw this one of course. Eye candy once more. B)

I used to have a (black) 130TC as well.
Maybe I can find a picture - and make the juvenile delinquent next to it unrecognisable for the authorities.

:lol:

Talkin 'bout the need for speed (it killed all the 8-valve GTis and GSis plus more)...

Last edit: by Edou.

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25826

Those were the days Edo! I remember overtaking a 911 turbo on the rightshoulder with the Intergrale, guy is still wondering what the badword?
Send you some stuff tomorrow.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Cheers Rick

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.