Keyword

TOPIC:

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25505

Hi Guys,

Some time ago i was able to get a TA03 from a mate with a new R/S FRP chassis and with the Lancia 037 body, it was nearly complete only painted poorly with runners everywhere.
I think the 037 is one off the most beautifull rallycars ever, together with the Stratos and the RS2000, so it made me very happy to get one.

It took some time for i really got it, and in the same time it became clear the bodyset would be re-released, so i bought one off those too.
Now i can build one in the original Martini colors for the collection and another one for running.

The runner will be a street version, it's called a Stradale and i'm thinking to give at a privateer hillclimbing look which is very populair in Italy and Switzerland.
One off the advantages is that i can leave the rallylights off, i think the model looks better without the huge lights at the front but leaving them off keeps some holes and a half grill in sight.
So i started there:

How i got it:

The nose and grill without the lights:

I took the plastic out off the grill, rebuild the missing pieces and made a stainless steel grill, plugged the bodyholes because i want to make my own kind off bodysupports and sanded the body:

So it's off and running, thanks for watching! Cheers Rick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25516

Well I'm tuned in :cheer:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25542

Thanks Andy!

A little bit work done, Tamiya 'forgot' the bonnetlatches:

And in the process of building some kind of Stradale rear:

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25543

Nice body shell it will look fantastic finished B) :y:

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25548

:woohoo: The 037 is with thr delta hf integral the 2 prettiest lancia. Same the stratos is not so pretty

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25552

Top detailing work :y:

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25658

Thanks guys!

The body is in the process of painting now, time to build a chassis, i really want to run this car so it has to be durable and able to take some mild punishment.
It's a 03R/S and i opted for the FRP chassis, the little bit off flex this material still got will help the car dealing with rough surfaces, it's also it bit more closed off than a carbon version.
The body isn't the lightest one also but with a brushless setup and two teeth bigger pully's it won't be to slow, and the most fun with these kind of cars is turning, steering and sliding around.
I like the oneway on these cars so i put in a torque splitter up front, some stabilizers won't hurt either, instead of balldiffs i put in some normal diffs which much thicker oil to get some kind off limited slip effect.
From a mate off mine who has a webshop i got a new brand of servo to try out, it should be 9 kilo so i left off the saver and used a normal lever, see what it brings.
The shocks will be TRF, in my opion the best around still.

Here's where i'm at:

And offcourse some foil underneath:

Thanks for watching! Cheers Rick

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25660

Does everybody know that the Lancia 037 was a 2WD midship motor rear wheel drive?
Mine will be rear wheels drive.

Max

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25662

I have a love / hate relation with Italian racing cars, i had 2 Delta Intergrales who could make you very happy or almost make you lose your mind, before that i had a Fiat 131 supermirafiori, a 130TC Ritmo Abarth, a few Alfa's of all kinds before that.
Miki Biasion is driving a Dakar truck these days, the Truck is build in the village where i live so i was lucky enough to speak with him, i have some collector books about Abarth, little Farina and Lancia's which he was so good to sign, so to answer your question, yes i know B)

TA03 S/R Lancia 037 10 years 6 months ago #25671

You lucky man!!!

Little Farina I suppose is Pininfarina, or no?

Max

I have a love / hate relation with Italian racing cars, i had 2 Delta Intergrales who could make you very happy or almost make you lose your mind, before that i had a Fiat 131 supermirafiori, a 130TC Ritmo Abarth, a few Alfa's of all kinds before that.
Miki Biasion is driving a Dakar truck these days, the Truck is build in the village where i live so i was lucky enough to speak with him, i have some collector books about Abarth, little Farina and Lancia's which he was so good to sign, so to answer your question, yes i know B)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.