Keyword

TOPIC:

Porsche GT2 TA02X 9 years 8 months ago #30489

• Edou
  • Edou's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
I like that Xpress one a lot, too bad it's very much sold out.
But what an utter lack of alternative premade solutions!

:blink:

Must think of a way to make something like this myself. :pinch: (visualising)

Edit - just 'battery strap' on eBay is giving some ideas (why not simply make slots in the chassis for these).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Edou.

Porsche GT2 TA02X 9 years 8 months ago #30490

TOO COOOOL Edou!
You have the same matter than me but inverted;)
The TA02SW is 1 TA02 with red TA01 knucles, rear inverted TA01 arms and larger wheeles generaly in 2 parts. standard tires on the front and larger on the rear (26mm I think)
You can use the Waterbok FRP top force drawing for the base and you cut in the middle and remove the quantity necessar. It is very easy because you'll be in RWD.
After, you just need 2 velcro saddles to maintain the pack:y:

Porsche GT2 TA02X 9 years 8 months ago #30493

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
:)

Came across this one - looks pretty effective (not so much a fan of the large 3Racing text) :

Posterity

lack of alternative premade solutions!

Not quite sure it could be used for saddle packs (velcro seems to be firmly attached and not removable)...

Porsche GT2 TA02X 9 years 8 months ago #30494

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad

The TA02SW is 1 TA02 with red TA01 knucles ... standard tires on the front and larger on the rear (26mm I think)

It's got the blue TA02 knuckles though. ;)
Rear tyres are 31mm wide making 200mm tread while it's a 'normal' 190mm on the front (regular 26mm wheels).
All recent discoveries for myself...

The fact that I'm making it a RWD gives the opportunity for some insanely high (Speed Tuned) gearing. :evil:
As I'm gonna leave a lot of the gears out, internal friction will be much lower.

Porsche GT2 TA02X 9 years 8 months ago #30496

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Wish I had a pile of cash to send eddrick a stack in order to try and motivate him to do some more chassis mount fabrication.

:woohoo: :( :pinch:

Now without the straps, those 3Racing mount thingies by themselves would be a great item...

Attachments:

Porsche GT2 TA02X 9 years 8 months ago #30497

Mmm I see two pieces of plastic which each has two holes and a slot. that shouldnt be to hard to copy.
:whistle:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Porsche GT2 TA02X 9 years 8 months ago #30498

Wish I had a pile of cash to send eddrick a stack in order to try and motivate him to do some more chassis mount fabrication.

To be fair to eddrick (and anyone else who makes stuff) it wouldn't take a "a pile of cash" to get him to make your bits, just enough that the material and postage costs are met in full, plus small contributions towards power, investment in machinery and something for his time - not at full on commercial rates, but a token to demonstrate that you think their skill and time has value. All too often (like 95% of the time) people seem to think that bespoke, handmade parts should less than a factory produced item, I swear half of them think they should be able to get them for less than the cost of the materials :pinch:

I won't even price up painting jobs up any more, all too often someone will say they want one of my "amazing" (their words) paintjobs and asks for a price, and then is shocked that their "reasonable" and/or "fair" counteroffer of 35 GBP for me to: buy up front a 40 GBP bodykit & get it shipped to me, build it, fill, sand, prime, fill, sand & prime again, sand again, topcoat, mask, spray a second colour, clear, rub out, detail paint, decal up, build/sand/prime/hand paint etc etc the driver, pack up & send to them by a tracked service - is rejected :whistle:

IIRC eddrick's price for 10-12 standoffs & bodymounts for this sort of chassis was about 75 GBP, that sounds very cheap to me when the alternative is to spend 350 GBP on an old Unimat and 2-3 days doing it yourself, or 500 GBP on a mini lathe & half a day of your time.

:)

Porsche GT2 TA02X 9 years 8 months ago #30499

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
As much as I like the idea of a saddle pack setup, after much consideration and measuring thrice I can't really see how to make that work with an ultra short chassis. The batteries will have to be completely on the sides of the servo, furthermore the room I will be saving with that (behind the servo and in between the batteries) isn't enough for the other electronics. I could maybe just stick the ESC in there and it won't be cooling very well that way.

To illustrate, taking 40mm off the chassis length will be pretty much be all the room between servo and regular placement :

Imaged borrowed off the web...
Gonna have to go perpendicular. Maybe with the 3Racing thing (I will die the brand name black) or possibly even using original DF-01 J parts and create a third deck on top of the battery on which to place the electronics (a middle deck, so to say). Instead of the two smaller battery plates, a complete cover.

Now my FRP DF-01 is in pieces... my question is - are those small battery plates placed low enough for a larger (replacement) plate to all the way through underneath the upper deck?
Electronics will have to go on the upper deck otherwise (I think I'll get the 3R bit in that case).

:unsure:
Attachments:

Porsche GT2 TA02X 9 years 8 months ago #30500

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
Jonny, I would have the pile. Only a stack of that would be for eddrick. :lol:
It's just that I realise what the effort would be worth and that is not something I could consider.
There will be one eddricktech chassis mount on it at least though.
Besides that, two Tam original and a couple of GPM parts (leaving only two mounts I would really need to fabricate).

Porsche GT2 TA02X 9 years 8 months ago #30501

• Edou
  • Hopping Mad
  • Hopping Mad
KISS has taken effect - Keep it simple stupid. The more I look at that 3R battery casing, the more I hate the logo and the fact that you're strapping the battery in over it's length. I'd rather strap it down on each side (two straps in the length of the chassis).
Simple and effective - slotting the FRP itself for quadcopter velcro straps and anti slip tape on it where the battery goes.
Electronics should just fit on the upper deck.

Posterity

Posterity

How can they sell and ship that second one for $0.90? :huh:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.