Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: DT-02 Grasshopper redux 12 years 4 months ago #4624

Wondering how the body posts were done on this one exactly...

They were a bit ghetto TBH, but apart from using better fasteners all reound & better spacers on the rear I left them alone ... front is a nondescript block of plastic screwed on from underneath, with a hole for the post, which is held in with an M2 screw; rears are Tamiya stepped posts (not sure quite what they're from, could be TL01, any M series), the longer screws go through the posts, spacers & battery retainer hinges.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: DT-02 Grasshopper redux 12 years 4 months ago #4625

the HOPPER "ROCKS" HAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Re: DT-02 Grasshopper redux 12 years 4 months ago #4626

I tell you what though - it's a bit of heavy old thing now - 1.6 kilos with a battery in :blink:

Re: DT-02 Grasshopper redux 12 years 4 months ago #4633

Just gave it a quick run ... a freshly charged 3300mah nimh battery lasted less than 10 minutes - I think that's down to the weight & slight overgearing - it's got a 23 turn Sport Tuned motor in it & I did use the smallest pinion I cold get in there, so not much I can do about it.

Suspension could stand being a bit stiffer, but it's already got a lot of collars on the shocks. Diff is a bit loose - could do with something in the limited slip line for greater traction, but overall it handles way better than any any other Tamiya car I've got...

There's no bump steer, steering is fairly neutral, although is a little understeery on the power & oversteery off it; I have a nasty series of low bumps near the bottom of my garden, usually cars take the first two ok, then the front end digs in on the third & flips the car - honestly, I tried really hard but I couldn't flip or roll the car ... a bit dull really :silly:

Attachments:

Re: DT-02 Grasshopper redux 12 years 3 months ago #5404

End result is very cool JR. You do make styrene and filler work seem very easy. The car looks amazing with the decals on and the muddy "weathering". Put it straight on the shelf like that, with dirty and all ...:silly:

Re: DT-02 Grasshopper redux 12 years 3 months ago #5405

You do make styrene and filler work seem very easy.

I agree with that - much easier than it is in practice. ;)
Gotta say that Grasshopper look great and loads of fun to drive.

Re: DT-02 Grasshopper redux 12 years 3 months ago #5456

great job on this one of the coolest looking grasshopper hybrids i have seen B)

DT-02 Grasshopper redux 10 years 10 months ago #22569

Just looking at some modified grasshoppers on the net and remembered this old thread i might attempt something like this myself soon :evil: if you ever part with this one jon can i have first dibs on it please :y:

DT-02 Grasshopper redux 10 years 10 months ago #22585

I'll bear it in mind :y: :)

Re: DT-02 Grasshopper redux 3 years 10 months ago #60175

I really like the new proportions and the lower stance. Very cool.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.