Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Ken's Grasshopper 12 years 8 months ago #2337

Yeah i have heard about the handling issues before lol :laugh:

I dont know why but the grasshopper looks a really nice buggy? perhaps it holds fond memories for people because it was the first Tamiya car they had the opportunity to own? I have never owned one but i think they look really nice especially when finished well. I think i might own one just for the shelf to look at. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Ken's Grasshopper 12 years 8 months ago #2361

Clearcoat turned out ok in the end - not particularly shiny in places, had run in others, and appears to have either melted some of the decal adhesive or have trapped some moisture over the "Grasshopper Racing Team" decals on the side ... I'm assuming the latter, as it does seem to be improving ...

I've called it "done" as the only way to improve things would be to strip it all back & ruin the decals in the process - with no guarantee of any better results... I really do hate spraying white - I had to use white primer (grey would have shown through in the colour coats), but it's impossible to see where you've been over the white body ... ditto for white paint over the primer, and for clear over the white ...

I delivered it back to the owner first thing this morning, I think he was happy but it's a bit hard to tell - not a particularly demonstrative chap, our Ken :)

Overall, this was one of my faster builds :D

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: Ken's Grasshopper 12 years 8 months ago #2365

Hey, Ill be happy if you want to deliver it to me instead...:laugh:

Re: Ken's Grasshopper 12 years 8 months ago #2371

Anybody would be happy to have a Hopper like that! ;)

Will he be driving or shelfing it?

Re: Ken's Grasshopper 12 years 8 months ago #2372

Looks great i would be very happy with that result :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.