Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: My new Tamiya Hotshot 12 years 3 months ago #5921

Yes, a switch plate type mech speedo, with external ceramic resistors, not unlike the ones used on most tamiya and kyosho buggies of that time (and as early as the SRB series).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: My new Tamiya Hotshot 12 years 3 months ago #5922

Now you've said that, of course it must have had cos of the 2x weird round resistors under the wing.... Clearly the onset of dementure!

Re: My new Tamiya Hotshot 12 years 3 months ago #5976

• jdawg
  • jdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
We had our first snowfall of the winter and I was shocked to wake up this morning to see snow outside! So while eating breakfast I thought about taking my nitro trucks out but then I decided to take the Hotshot for a drive in the snow instead. It was a lot of fun driving around in all that snow. I'm sure a modern buggy wouldn't get around in the snow as good because I think they have a much lower ride height compared to the Hotshot. Anyways I took a few pics while I was outside that I wanted to share on here.

Last edit: by jdawg.

Re: My new Tamiya Hotshot 12 years 3 months ago #5977

Very giod pictures, both posing and action shots!
And the Hotshot seem to cope with the snow very well.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: My new Tamiya Hotshot 12 years 3 months ago #5978

Looks like you had some great fun there!

Re: My new Tamiya Hotshot 12 years 3 months ago #5986

Great set of pics! :)

Re: My new Tamiya Hotshot 12 years 3 months ago #6007

• jdawg
  • jdawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
Thanks guys! I did the best I could with holding the radio and my slr camera in each hand. Its kinda hard to drive with one hand and using my thumb for steering lol. It snowed a bit again last night and this time the snow was less slushy and everything was a bit more icy. So I took my Hotshot out for a drive again on an early sunny Sunday morning. Its a lot of fun driving in snow so I'll add a few more pics from this morning to to my previous post with the pictures. The night before it snowed I had swapped the stock motor with a brushless and I'm sure the stock motor wouldn't have had the power move the Hotshot through snow like the brushless motor does.

Last edit: by jdawg.

Re: My new Tamiya Hotshot 12 years 3 months ago #6018

Completly NOT FAIR! Where's MY snow? I love it when it snows, can't get the batteries charged fast enough to get out & play, & keep going until the ESC packs up from being full of water, then I'll pile into the Fronty & take to the backroads for a few hours!

Re: My new Tamiya Hotshot 12 years 3 months ago #6034

Jdawg, you have been presented with the very first "Photo Award in Bronze" from TamiyaBase.com for the nice "Hotshot in the snow" pictures i this thread!! :cheer:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: My new Tamiya Hotshot 12 years 3 months ago #6036

Jdawg, you have been presented with the very first "Photo Award in Bronze" from TamiyaBase.com for the nice "Hotshot in the snow" pictures i this thread!! :cheer:

-Lars

Definitely agree with that :L

This one especially would have to be a candidate for "January" on a TB calendar:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.