Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

58083 Saint Dragon resto 11 years 9 months ago #11092

Hi guys,
just started another project while waiting for parts for other ones. It's the Saint Dragon.
Like it because you don't see them much around.

First started to dismantle.

The body it came with.

All dismantled and ready for some TLC.

Very lucky man i am, only 1 part was broken... :woohoo:

Cheers and hope i have time to finish this one soon, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon resto 11 years 9 months ago #11101

Although the look of the body is spacier than I'd prefer, it's a very interesting car. :y:
I noticed that the shell is officially listed as an optional part for the Manta Ray! :huh:

Attachments:

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon resto 11 years 9 months ago #11104

I've got to admit I've been a bit dismissive of this as a "plastic whizzy buggy" with a stupid name, but it's a lot more interesting under the shell ... I'm disappointed in those pogo stick shocks though.

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon resto 11 years 9 months ago #11115

I must be strange (but id prefer to be called individual :P ) because i actually like this i think its because you dont see so many about too...i also like the yellow paintjob and the chassis does look interesting..........imagining things or does it look like a madcap?

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon resto 11 years 9 months ago #11129

Hahaha you're right JR, they ARE pogo sticks :laugh:
But being a true BAB (box art builder), i will have to stick with the pogo sticks!!

Lol Edou, i never noticed that it was an optional part for the MR :blush:
Also those optional wheels do look nice!!!

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Last edit: by BramMeijer.

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon resto 11 years 9 months ago #11131

What is the busted bit for? I just looked at it & immediately went into "What could you replace that with" mode - suggestions would be drill & tap a piece of suitably sized aluminium rod (Or hack up a piece of pre drilled/tapped Tamiya spacer eg Wild One rear roll cage - not a suggestion, just an example!), OR look at electronics sellers, (eg RS) at M3 stand-offs (Plastic, brass etc M3 threaded bars, round or hex), or just plastic rod drilled for self tappers.
This is all on the assumption that the proper bit is difficult to source, or comes on a sprue of parts you don't need, with a hilarious price tag!

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon resto 11 years 9 months ago #11132

Also those optional wheels do look nice!!!

They certainly do. Tamiya 53049 and 53050, from the Avante (and overlapping the Egress and Astute). B)

Edit - hold on, I was looking at the black ones. But the white rims (53005 and 53006) are also Avante...

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon resto 11 years 9 months ago #11134

Wonder why that shell didn't make it onto a Grasshopper? - looks like it was made for that chassis/description! (Or Rookie Rabbit)

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon resto 11 years 9 months ago #11144

What is the busted bit for? I just looked at it & immediately went into "What could you replace that with" mode - suggestions would be drill & tap a piece of suitably sized aluminium rod (Or hack up a piece of pre drilled/tapped Tamiya spacer eg Wild One rear roll cage - not a suggestion, just an example!), OR look at electronics sellers, (eg RS) at M3 stand-offs (Plastic, brass etc M3 threaded bars, round or hex), or just plastic rod drilled for self tappers.
This is all on the assumption that the proper bit is difficult to source, or comes on a sprue of parts you don't need, with a hilarious price tag!

My guess was that it was a gearbox spacer, the sort of thing that used to be aluminium ... but I looked at the manual & was wrong - they fit vertically in the front of the gearbox once it's assembled, the bottom ends (the round end) have a self tapping screw through the chassis to hold the gearbox in, the top ends also have self tappers holding the shock tower on.

A single one is on the C sprue (0005364), along with single front & rear uprights, what looks like a servo mount block & yet another widget I didn't bother to identify ... not quite as wasteful as some, but still 14 or 15 GBPs worth, according to eBay prices :blink:

Me, I think I'd just drill out both bits to 3mm, degrease & glue, then fit a long M3 machine screw all the way through the chassis & the shock tower & pop a nut on the top :)

Re: 58083 Saint Dragon resto 11 years 9 months ago #11145

Wonder why that shell didn't make it onto a Grasshopper? - looks like it was made for that chassis/description! (Or Rookie Rabbit)

It definitely seems to have a "pair of rabbits ears" theme :D ;)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.