Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 9 months ago #23359

Well, when I started collecting Tamiya Cars, somewhere in 2007. This Toyota Celica LB Turbo was the most beautiful of all cars according to me. The problem is that I am 30 years late for this kit, paying around 800 dollar for a NIB version was not the best choice for me.

Somewhere in 1999 or in 2003 Tamiya re-released the celica body for a special event in Japan, I managed to buy one of the 3800 bodyshells somewhere in 2009 of 2010. And collected most of the chassis parts in that year too for reasonable prices.

I never was able to find a bumper (dont like that one anyway :sick: ), a CS motormount and a Chassis deck in NEW condition. But I did have a NIP 58005/58006 motormount, so I did trade with fellow Dutchman Bram Meijer for these used parts. I dont care that these are not New, just want to build it soon. Take a look! (dont drewl on your keyboard please!) ;)

And the parts I already have.

Dont exactly know where the copper rounds are from, quess it was the front wheels

I will take my time to deliver a perfect build, sanded, painted shell for this car. Since else it would be a little disappointing for me, collecting parts in the last 3 years and build it in a few days. (The chassis probably takes 1 hour :P)

If anyone has ideas of tips and tricks for me, please tell.

I will probably go for the white/red version. which maybe makes the 56 no. decals available for an offer, maybe even the no.68. Dont know yet.

Cheers,
Feraz

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by achmedachmed.

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 9 months ago #23360

Well done, great car and great patience :y: I'll be looking forward to seeing your build :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 9 months ago #23370

woohaoo, you were so patient. I bought a very poor and uncomplete 959 and I waited so long time to restore it 10 years maybe, that i ssold it on the bay for 50 €. And now I am regrets full. Very nice car buddy :y:

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 9 months ago #23372

3 years? damm! awsome project man! :woohoo:

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 9 months ago #23382

Great to see one of the greatest cars tamiya brought out to be newly build (well allmost ;) )
Glad i could help you with the missing parts.
Now only thing for you is to get some diplo tires (tamiyabase.com/...Itemid=775)
to make it all original!
Will be following this one! :)

Cheers, Bram

PS be prepared for it, those diplo's are hard to find AND expensive...
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Last edit: by BramMeijer.

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 9 months ago #23403

Thanks!

Bram did you already recieve the part that I send you saterday evening?
I wont go for the Diplo tires, the ones I have are just to make a shelf queen (just dont look from underneath it ;) ) The rear tires I have might even be a litte smaller than the ones recomended (55mm instead of 60 mm), i am not 100% sure. But that's just the way is has to be for now.

Funny thing, I always catagorize every part i got/use since we dont want mk2 screws on your mk1. cars :P
Here some pictures of my 3 toolboxes which I use.

My surplus srews from just 7 new kits (although I only use the correct period srews on this build)

My SRB toolbox (I will put some SRB/Superchamp parts up for sale soon, since I dont need them)

I will make this Celica out of all new original early nuts and bolds.

BTW does anyone know if the tamiya 84303 Porsche 936 re-release bodyshell is still for sale for a resonable price? Might need them in a few years :P

Feraz

Last edit: by achmedachmed.

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 9 months ago #23408

The following user(s) Liked this: achmedachmed

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 9 months ago #23412

The package arrived this morning! :)

TY very much.

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring Porsche 936

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 9 months ago #23449

Good day,
Have you started building yet? :)
If you want to go all original on this one i do suggest you also (besides the diplo's) get an original chassis plate as you got the hop-up one i believe?
But if you are not so keen on all original (it is the re issue bodyset) this is fine.
Good luck on the build! :y:

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring Porsche 936

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 9 months ago #23565

Hahaha bram, i have a feeling that you just want to swap my ''special upgrade fiber chassis plate'' for something you got :P. I am happy with this one, there are'nt much around of these upgraded CS parts.

Sorry, haven't started building yet because I needed to organise the MANCAVE first to make extra space on the wall. (crated room for 10 extra future cars ;) ).

Greetings
Feraz,

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.