Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 9 months ago #23566

Lol :) , i do like pictures of mancaves tbh!! :y: Great one you got!

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 8 months ago #24504

Nice build. I am in the process of resurrecting my original 58009 into running condition. I am trying to figure out if any currently produced tires will fit my original rims. I also need a new gear set(pinion and differential gears). Is there anything currently available that can be easily adapted or is this going to be a hunt for nos parts?

The re-release of the newman Porsche looked to have similar tires/wheel sizes but they are not exact. Tried looking at 1/18 stuff too but to no avail, nothing looks to be an exact match that I could find.

I guess a hump pack is a home built proposition too. Now I remember why I tossed this thing in the attic 15yrs ago:)

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 8 months ago #24509

Hi Goldduster,
the only luck I've had in replacing tyres with new ones is using the RM-01 tyres and rims, see it here fitted to a Renault Martini Mk22
www.tamiyabase....Itemid=585

Has for the hump pack, if you have the casing, you can fit a lipo, Jonny retro has done an article on that here
www.tamiyabase....Itemid=554

regards
Johann
The following user(s) Liked this: achmedachmed

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 8 months ago #24510

I guess a hump pack is a home built proposition too. Now I remember why I tossed this thing in the attic 15yrs ago:)

Welcome on board, goldduster360 :y:

You could also try NiMH hump packs, e.g. here or here

:)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 8 months ago #24514

I bought the gearset No.77 about 3 years ago, remember paying around 30 dollar/euro's for it, it was on of the more expensive parts. But I didnt want to leave it there unsold :whistle: .

Good luck with your rebuild, and please show us some pics here.

This was the cheapest NOS gearset that I could find, some RC internetshops have in rare cases somtimes a restock of these old parts for nice prices.

www.ebay.com/it...1c2590ddfd

Cheers,
Feraz

The NIP Tamiya 58009 Toyota Celica LB Turbo Build! 10 years 8 months ago #24526

Yogi Bear, Johnny Retro, achmedachmed, thank you very much for the information. I will get some pics posted of my celica. I got most of the chassis back together last night but need to disassemble one of my vintage servos to reverse it's direction, my speed controller was never set up like the assembly picture because of that but want it done right now. Running the original MRC airplane servos from 1978 in mine. Radio still works too, unbelievable. Body is crunched a little and missing some components but is very repairable. Most expensive repair looks to be the worn out gears.

Edited in:

Since the newman wheels fit these chassis it begs the question is the ball diff from this kit a bolt on item too?

Last edit: by goldduster360.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.