Keyword

TOPIC:

58067 Thundershot resto/rebuilt 10 years 8 months ago #23901

:laugh:
Maybe but I know that the Kent is one of the best. The wurstis good too but the odour... :sick:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

58067 Thundershot resto/rebuilt 10 years 8 months ago #23926

I'd be careful with brake cleaner if I were you, it's a solvent specifically designed for degreasing, & most stuff like that goes for most plastics.

Probably a bit late now, but if you have a look in my Thundershot resto, I've highlighted the various points to look for splits/cracks in the chassis/suspension mountings. You can avoid the splitting of the harder plastic by heating the screws up before screwing them in, or warm them up with a soldering iron once they're installed, to relieve the stress that causes the splitting
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

58067 Thundershot resto/rebuilt 10 years 8 months ago #23927

Probably a bit late now, but if you have a look in my Thundershot resto, I've highlighted the various points to look for splits/cracks in the chassis/suspension mountings. You can avoid the splitting of the harder plastic by heating the screws up before screwing them in, or warm them up with a soldering iron once they're installed, to relieve the stress that causes the splitting

Thanks Eddrick, i will keep that in mind for the next resto's :y:
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

58067 Thundershot resto/rebuilt 10 years 8 months ago #23942

:lol: Very interesting method Eddrick

58067 Thundershot resto/rebuilt 10 years 8 months ago #24033

Well, it works, so why not....
Theory is the plastic splits cos it's always under stress cos the screw doesn't properly cut a thread in it cos it's too hard. So, if you make the screw hot, it moulds a thread into the plastic thus relieving the stress.

Works well for getting seized/rusty screws out of plastic too

58067 Thundershot resto/rebuilt 10 years 8 months ago #24418

Hi all,
Well it's been a while since i started this topic...
I hadn't much time to keep the progress going on as baby N° 2 arrived august the 19th :y:
Of course the night are a bit short and i managed to keep the work going on while the baby and the rest of the family is sleeping :P

I finished painting the driver figure, from the outside as the brake fluid and brake cleaner could not remove all the previous paint.

Note the small "sabelt" stickers on the safety belts :P They're left overs from a 1/24 scale Rally car i've built

A few flaws on Benny's helmet :n: I had to repaint the white part after sanding the red flaws

And the finished car

This Thundershot will join my other cars on the shelf now
:woohoo: for a few week only.
I'm moving ending october to my new house and i have to pack all my models carefully hoping that nothing will get dammaged during the transportation.

Thanks for looking
Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

58067 Thundershot resto/rebuilt 10 years 8 months ago #24419

Top job mate :y: good luck with the move :S
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

58067 Thundershot resto/rebuilt 10 years 8 months ago #24420

:woohoo: Very good job Manotas

58067 Thundershot resto/rebuilt 10 years 8 months ago #24435

Very nice work. :y:
And congratulations on the new born!

Are you playing "Hannibal"? :unsure: :lol:
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

Last edit: by Edou.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.