Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #68003

I was sure I had a spare ledkit laying around, but must have used that on some other project.
Oh well...

Today I cut out the light buckes and painted them with liquid chrome.
First time I've used that stuff, and I understand why it is so popular 

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #68004

Yes, it works very well. One suggestion if you don't want the lights to glow within the body, is to paint around the transparent pieces inside the lexan body (this is what I did in the Lunchboxs, and it its perfect - no glow, light is only going through the lense)
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, Lemsko, jord001

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #68005

Yes, it works very well. One suggestion if you don't want the lights to glow within the body, is to paint around the transparent pieces inside the lexan body (this is what I did in the Lunchboxs, and it its perfect - no glow, light is only going through the lense)

I hope the black grill will do most of the work to hide the bleed through.
Might paint the backside of the whole piece with black, depends how much bleed there is.
The led bulb itself will get a coat of plasti dip as I always do with my projects.

Nearly all of my projects had lights, like the second last version of my SCX10
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #68006

the black grill is one thing, but all the white parts maybe another one... Light will go thru, if not backed. The liquid chrome applied inside the body around the lens avoid this perfectly...

I take note for the plastidip, An idea about which I didn't thought and that may participate to reinforce mirror attachement inside the body...

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #68008

On that Bronco above I had too much bleed through, and plasti dip fixed that no end for the front.
But on the side markers I used square leds glued with the flat side to the body, but that ended in too dark light output so I had to do it differently there.
Don't remember what I did to be honest..
Mighy have painted them up the small wall and left the backside as normal.
The following user(s) Liked this: Lemsko, silvertriple, jord001

Richard's TA02 Zakspeed Capri project. Vintage chassis. 2 years 8 months ago #68014

I noted down something with my Lunchbox reflector made from contact lens container. I glue them with hot glue inside the body. The fact is that hot glue is a perfect light conductor as well... That may be very useful to drive light from main projector to side position lights. I still have a few Lunchbox bodies, and may try to light the side position light this way the next time... (funny how experiment is opening to other experiments...).
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.