Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Holiday Buggy 13 years 4 months ago #315

This is my holiday buggy project, picked up of ebay just before xmas was a bargain, looked rough at first but cam complete with all parts and vintage acoms servos etc, even had an old hump battery pack and still had four aa cells in the servo power pack! Had to throw these away they had been leaking acid a little tho....

After cleaning it was found to be really good, the body had the usual broken roor pillars, but will be easy to plastic weld back on, the other parts cleaned up well,the only problem was somoeone has used a brillo pad or something on the inside of the front wings and scratched the plastic, so i will paint over this bit. the chassis has a few marks here and there but the good news was the strut tops are intact which is unusual, I don't think this was used much before being laid up, the tyres are all ok, was still fitted with the 380 motor. So for now my plan is to build a runner to have fun with, I always wanted to get one of these again. The holiday buggy was my first RC back as a young lad !!

So next job is to get the paint out. Great fun

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Holiday Buggy 13 years 4 months ago #316

Nice job!
How did you repair the roof pillars?

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Holiday Buggy 13 years 4 months ago #320

I use a gas soldering iron and "weld" back on- melt the plastic back together.

Re: Holiday Buggy 13 years 4 months ago #327

OK so I have finished the body and driver, my daughter let her imagination go wild with the drivers T- shirt :laugh:
hope you like it. Roof repairs done and ready for some fun this summer, this is going to be used so the chassis will be fitted out with ESC, modern battery and servo etc.
I will be covering the open gear box as well.

Re: Holiday Buggy 13 years 4 months ago #328

Chassis was stripped, cleaned, ball raced, powerful motor fitted, made a gearbox cover-(needs finishing and painting) ESC and Servo etc. Notice strut tops are intact. All in all a good find, even the tyres are serviceable.
First run out today all seems fine. Great fun.

Next jobs are to look at maybe some suspension mods, but I will not be drilling or cutting the chassis as its in too good condition....

Re: Holiday Buggy 13 years 3 months ago #354

I like the Stinger exhaust you have made. Looks good.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Holiday Buggy 13 years 2 weeks ago #830

Good job so far, I have a soft spot for the Holiday Buggy. Hope to own one someday...;)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.