Keyword

TOPIC:

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #60777

Nice rim Richard. Congrats.
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #60778

• Al
  • Away
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
I love seeing that car coming back to life.
Great dedication.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #60782

Wow they look brilliant, good decision :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #60783

I can't wait to see your 205. Especially for a frenchy

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 10 months ago #60784

• caprinut
  • caprinut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
Thank you guys!

I'm looking forward to see it in former glory myself.
It has been sitting apart in a box for far too long.
Should have done this 10 years ago when parts were plentyful and cheap.

When I saw the chap posting his first set of wheels, I fired a message right away as I saw this was the right guy for the wheel project.
The wheels he posted was his first project on his new FB site, and they looked awesome.
Also got a feeling this was the right guy as he did a prototype with a design similar to mine to see if it would hold up on useage.
First when he had tested it and was sure he was able to do the design, he said I could send one of my old wheels to get the measurements from.

He was quick too, infact he had to wait a week as I had to wait on my paycheck to arrive.

Bearings have arrived, so the only thing I need now is to order some buttonhead self tappers for 2mm allen key as I want the same type of bolts on the whole vehicle.
Not fussed about using the orginal hardware is this is never going to be totally stock.
More like a restomod if you will.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 9 months ago #61144

• caprinut
  • Away
Got a few items in the post here the other day, so now I should have all the parts I need to restore this :y:

Bought a pair of cheap servos at my LHS last week, perfect for this build.
I totally forgot to take pics of the #51000 High Torque installed.

I than gave all the plastic parts a good soapy bath and later sorted the good from the bad.

And then most of the metal hardware got a bath too,
Placed all the parts in a small container and drowned them in brake cleaner while gave them a good shake.
There is hardware for almost two cars here.

Next will be to cut the Axial bolts to the correct length,
I want to use allen key button head bolts on this build, and manual asks for both self tappers and mashine screws, and cheapest I could get hold of was a bag of M3X30 self tappers that I can cut to lenght.
Have plenty of machine threaded ones tho'

Differential is the last item needing to be cleaned.

Several of the shock bodies are damaged, but I think I have enough to build 4 good ones.

Started with the rebuild by fitting the post's between upper and lower chassis plates as I got new ones.
I will take a picture, just need to clean my workbench first :y:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 9 months ago #61151

Keep posting lots of pics through out the build! :cheer:

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 9 months ago #61168

• caprinut
  • Away
Thank you' Ill try.
Hard to stop sometimes when you are in a good working pace :laugh:

Lower parts of the suspension is mounted together with the mounts.
Also motor mount and rear toe-in tower is in place

Exept those 4 black spacers in the middle of the chassis, the new black plastic parts is tapped with M3 due age of the parts.

Front of the rear suspension.
Front and rear suspension is the same on this chassis, the only thing different is driveshafts up front and wheelaxle at the rear which is located by a c-clip.

And from the rear.
That black toe-in tower was broken both at my car and the donor car.
Brilliant thing about this, as you adjust up and down you can get more or less rear steer, which will help you during corners.
Mine had a fantastic turning circle at speed, think mine was fitted at second lowest point.
In stock form this ties the steering knuckles by the same tie rods as the front, but a tad longer..

Before assembing the diff, I taped the end so the shaft would hold the bearing in place.

Differential on these are very simple, this needs to be replaced, will explain later...

As like 29 years ago, there is something not right here.
See the small gears? The 3 on top are fitted as per manual. but are infact the wrong way round! Aka, a typing error in the manual.
Should be fitted like the gear at the bottom, closest to camera.
Swap the small gear with the cylinder part pointing towards the center, and you are good to go.

Diff fitted.
It's held together by a tiny counter sunk screw inside the drivecup.

Looked a bit empty up front so I fitted a spare 21t motor since the Stock 05 can't be found atm.
I'm sure I have it somewhere...

Picture of the mounted servo saver I forgot last time...

Steering knuckles fitted with axleshafts.
My new bearings had a really loose fit (5x10x3mm from rcbearings.uk), both in my old knuckles and the new ones I fitted up front.
They were in fact falling out since there was 0.1-0.2 space between knuckles and bearings.
My solution was to cover the bearings with one round of silvertape, and then press fit them into the knuckles.
One knuckle was tighter than the others, but the bearing fell out without the silvertape.

Servo location is center of servo saver in line with center of chassis.
In stock form, the servo is fitted to its own plate that is fitted on top of the radio plate, or upper chassis if you will.
That way the servo can be removed for service without taking the chassis apart.

Was dead sure I wanted to fit the servo to the main chassis plate like most modern on-road cars, so the ears was cut of and I covered it with some chrome wrap to make it look a bit better.
But if I do that , the angle for the tie rods is too steep so I have to fit the balls higher up on the knuckles to minimize all the wrong steering angles...
Or I could do as intended from Kyosho, fit the servo to the upper deck.
But the servo needs to be lifted a couple of mm above the bottom of the radio plate to stay clear of the bottom of the chassis as the servo saver will rub if mounted any lower than that.

Had good progress today :)
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by caprinut.

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 9 months ago #61169

Tiny peupeu is back. :y:

Richard's badly broken 1:12 Kyosho Peugeot 205 Turbo 16. Was my first new buy. 3 years 9 months ago #61284

• caprinut
  • Away
Flo, can you measure the front pumper for me?
I belive they were made in Kydex material and that I can get hold of...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.