Keyword

TOPIC:

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 3 months 6 days ago #77608

Marui Hunter, V1 & V2 - Spot the differences :-)

Warning: Spoiler!
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 3 months 4 days ago #77625

Before dealing with the prototype and all ellements I have noted about it, I wanted to finish the Hunter V1 and V2, and for that I needed to get the bodyshell and wing done.

I started with a solid body...

Then another one...

After that I started to pull surfaces together around that...

And it became this at the end

I detached the windows to thicken them and to get them in a different material, and proceeded to paint the rest of the body... The Wing was done purely in solid mode and here we have a bodyshell...

And the body shortly join the chassis...

The body for the Prototype should be very much easier than the normal bodyshell. I also need to work out the prototype rear end : the suspension were not using the monoshock in the prototype, and I will need to model a Mabuchi 380RS (which means find one first), as it is needed to model the famouls motor cover with the airscoop as well...

Last edit: by silvertriple.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 3 months 4 days ago #77632

There was something missing on the bodyshell..

Now that this is done, another branch of the project started: the prototype...
From the pictures, I can see the chassis is black, and the nylon reinforced parts are in a sort of white/yellow resin, so I started by applying different properties to a subset of the V1 parts...

Then I pulled the parts from the cluster to model them, and complete with a spring guide, shaft and coil derived from the one I model from the front. I removed about 4 mm to th spring guide, shaft and ressort...

And they are now attached to the prototype chassis...

As mentioned earlier, this is derived from the master chassis file and it doesn't include the switch support (the bodyshell won't allow for it,  and I believe it was added later on...

I just pull a Mabuchi 380, as I need this and a modified motor mount to be able to pull the prototype rounded gear cover with the air scoop and the exhaust... It was also visible on some preproduction near final model with the monoshock and grey chassis... 
This is the reference picture I'll use for this...

That will be another fun part of this project...

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 3 months 2 days ago #77636

Before doing the first prototype body , I had to tackle the specific gear covers...

I started to reproduce what I could see easily : the exhaust and the piples...

Then I assemble this with the bottom of the rear cover, and tried to think about a way to make it work...

As I found the side were quite nude, somehow, I decided to add airboxes...

And that was it. I'm quite ok with the result, and there is not much more I could see from the pictures...

Once that was done, I pull the bodyshell, did a profile for the front gear cover, and started to work this out

and at some point I had to define the position of the airscoop...

It is not exact repro of what is on the picture, but that would work...

It fits with the production bodyshell, and as I could not read the markings, I just wrote Marui Hunter Proto - which may be quite possible, as Proto was the company of the designer of this car...

Next is the prototype body. I need to check if I reuse the production roll bar or a different one... But at least, I have my chassis ready for this...

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 4 weeks ago #77669

I spend a lot of time in Fusion 360, with only the very few inputs from a quality picture...

Obviously, the chassis and other elements from production models hints about a lot of things, but I also want this body to be 7.2V stick packs ready (which I suppose was not the case when they started to work on it)...

My first attempt looked like this...

There was a few things I was not really happy with, but I pursued the work to get all the additional parts I needed such as the roll cage, and the wing...

I even put some sticker on it to see better how it would look like...

And on the car :

Yesterday, I did it differently...

And I lkied it better. The lateral decks are longer. I'll need to check, but they might be usable with a production chassis...

But there is still somthing I thought required an improvement... The bonnet was a bit too flat to taste.

And here is the V2 on the car...

The result is ultimately different from the prototype, and it is more an evocation of what it was, and printed, it should work wity 7.2V stick packs. The wing support may not last long, but I will consider printing the roll cage in TPU rather than Nylon...
And I will try to pull another motor cover in order to be able to use a 540 motor... (And yes, I think I have some envy to get one printed :-) !)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 4 weeks ago #77681

A first render to share on this project... It's not accurate, as I did not model the MSC,  RX and other details which I did not removed such as the roll bar, driver an radio lid (and colors maybe off as well, plus the fact that putting two times the same car in doesn't really help to have it in good resolution).

More renders will come, at some point :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 4 weeks ago #77687

Just like car manufactures, you can see the R/C companies were go back-an-forth with styling cure's from each other.

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 4 weeks ago #77693

Renderings again, still about the Hunter pre-production model... (thanks Yogibear for the stickers graphics)

I will really need to work out a 540 version of this motor cover...
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 4 weeks ago #77698

Hello,
a very fine piece of work and very well staged.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple

Marui Hunter and a Galaxy RS too :) 2 months 3 weeks ago #77733

Finally found the motivation to grab the Galaxy parts...

I started to model the Rollcage support

Then the bumper...

Then the roll cage... It's a bit of work, as to define the pipes, you need first to define the different plans you are going to work on... Soon, you have the overall structure...

Then using the same plans, and projections of the roll cage definition, it is quite easy to define the details additions...

And the roll cage is done...
Remains to do:
- shocks
- front shock hook extension
- rear shock hook extension
- Bathtub cover / 3 parts.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Ducksnuts

Last edit: by silvertriple.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.