Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

oh no! messed up on body colour, help! 11 years 2 months ago #18316

:ohmy: just finished spraying my thunder shot body in white did not look in the manaul thought i was all white but found out there is blue ps4 cant belive what i have done :cry: has anyone done this before and what could i do to change the colour on the body or should

i live it
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

oh no! messed up on body colour, help! 11 years 2 months ago #18317

Graffiti remover will work to pull the paint off. If its acrylic paint I like to use Easy Off oven cleaner which is really nothing but lye.

oh no! messed up on body colour, help! 11 years 2 months ago #18320

On fresh paint, I think that oven cleaner spray is enough efficient in short use.
But if you have the same matter than me, you risk to have a clouded body. You can use and I think that it's the best is paint remover from tamiya.

oh no! messed up on body colour, help! 11 years 2 months ago #18321

Leave it how it is and pretend you meant to do that. You Can get those shells pretty cheap'ish, if it bothers you too much get another one for show. You might wreck it trying to fix it atleast this way you end up with 2 tidy bodys instead of 1 in the bin.

Last edit: by DanDare420.

oh no! messed up on body colour, help! 11 years 2 months ago #18322

:) it's a solution. but if the body weren't available, how do you do? what is your repair solution? :silly:

oh no! messed up on body colour, help! 11 years 2 months ago #18336

If it were me, (& assuming the paint's inside the shell), I'd mark where you want the blue bits to be, & scratch the white off with a "10" (Rounded) scalpel blade. Not as tedious as you might think, & certainly easier & cheaper than taking the whole lot off & starting again. I'd go so far as to say that method's even easier than masking in the first place!

Another option would be paint the blue on the outside.

Option 3, get some sticky decal paper & print off some custom blue stickers for the outside, instead of paint. (Or even, just print a sheet of blue sticky & cut out the shapes you need)

oh no! messed up on body colour, help! 11 years 2 months ago #18338

eddrick,
You think that with my old poor mr body, I can remove the paint with a scalpel?

oh no! messed up on body colour, help! 11 years 2 months ago #18339

I wouldnt worry too much it will look good when you have the decals on its too risky removing the paint now you run the chance of stuffing it up completely. if i was really bothered (which i wouldnt be) id use eddricks suggestion of using blue decals cut out and stuck on to the shell thats the only 'safe' option

oh no! messed up on body colour, help! 11 years 2 months ago #18342

Stingray - try it, what have you got to lose?
Removing paint from "lexan" with a round-shaped scalpel blade always used to be my preferred method before I heard of using brake fluid, 7 even nowadays I revert back to that method if brake fluid won't shift the paint.
I'll warn you though, this method WILL cloud the lexan (Clouding will disappear with application of new paint), so don't do it anywhere that is intended to be "clear" (eg windows).

Most of the painted lexan bodies I've come across have been poorly prepared, not degreased, or painted with the wrong sort of paint anyway, & 9/10 the paint "shatters" or flakes off with scraping, but if not, the scraping removes even really well-stuck paint in a similar way to sanding, but in a more accurate controllable manner. Makes your hands & fingers ache though!

Same method can be used to get rid of overspray, or tidy up the edges of brush-painted lines, or removal of "printed" graphics/text on equipment

oh no! messed up on body colour, help! 11 years 2 months ago #18345

:laugh: My body can't be cloudier .
I used DOT4 brake fluid enclosed in a bag and I saw 24hours later a cracking lexan. I will test the scalpel to see and if I can have the resurection, why not I have no more risk for it :cry:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.