Keyword

TOPIC:

Tamiya "Original Body" build 8 years 3 weeks ago #37775

Made a little progress today ... I've been putting off setting up the blasting cabinet in the hope I'd have some more bits to do it to make it worthwhile, in the end I just had to do it:

Lars' bumper before ...

... and after 100, 240, 400, 1200 & 2000 grit wet & dry paper & soapy water, finishing with Novus 3 step plastic polishes. Note the grey stress marks along the angle & to the sides of the mounting area. It's not perfect, but there wasn't a whole lot to get hold of, in hindsight I should have servo taped it to a bit of skirting board or something.

This is as far as i got with the chassis before realising I couldn't use the original 3mm self tapping screws in my replacement M3 tapped aluminium chassis spacers, and I didn't have the right countersunk screws :(

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya "Original Body" build 8 years 3 weeks ago #37939

Got a whole lot more done on this - glued the tyres on & took the sharp edges off the front:

Finished the chassis & fitted the bumper (thanks again to Lars):

I did plan to fit a steel ariel, but that would have had to pass through the windscreen & I thought that would look pants, so the wire it just routed around the body posts at present.

It's not quite done because the MSC is acting up - it only has proportional control on one side (so variable forward & only full speed reverse, or vice versa) so I guess the resistor has a break in it somewhere & will need replacing :(

That bumper will do a decent job of protecting the front end, but a hit from the rear is going to make it crumple :(

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Tamiya "Original Body" build 8 years 3 weeks ago #37940

Lots of gratuitous "finished" shots :D :

The following user(s) Liked this: yogi-bear, Edou

Tamiya "Original Body" build 8 years 3 weeks ago #37942

That's cool, Jonny! :)
Somehow it looks to me as a "hopped-up-during-the-80s" merge of a Fiat X1/9, a Delorean and a pick-up converted Porsche 924 :y: :laugh:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by larbut.

Tamiya "Original Body" build 8 years 3 weeks ago #37951

With a Countach windshield. That's fabulous. Like in my first tamiya catalog on wich I dreamed :y: :y: :y:

Tamiya "Original Body" build 8 years 2 weeks ago #37997

Lars is it worth adding the "finished" photos to the end of the article?

Tamiya "Original Body" build 8 years 2 weeks ago #38017

Yes it is, would you mind sending me an email as a reminder. I'm out atm.

Lars

Lars is it worth adding the "finished" photos to the end of the article?

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Tamiya "Original Body" build 8 years 2 weeks ago #38020

Yes it is, would you mind sending me an email as a reminder. I'm out atm.

Lars

Done :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.