Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: Tamiya Decals 11 years 4 months ago #16298

HI!... I've never had luck using water to apply decals. It just seems in my cases that the water dissolves the glue making the decal now useless. I ALWAYS apply mine dry right off the decal sheet. Never had a issue. :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Tamiya Decals 11 years 4 months ago #16307

HI!... I've never had luck using water to apply decals. It just seems in my cases that the water dissolves the glue making the decal now useless. I ALWAYS apply mine dry right off the decal sheet. Never had a issue. :y:

Just what comes out of the taps in Canada? :blink: ;)

Re: Tamiya Decals 11 years 4 months ago #16326

Just what comes out of the taps in Canada? :blink: ;)

HI!... Ya mabey the sticker glue is not designed for pure clean water........... lol! :woohoo:

Re: Tamiya Decals 11 years 4 months ago #16329

I never used water. Only to put smoked film on my C4 glasses :silly:
Sometimes, I use hair dryer to warm decals when the body is tortured and it is easier ;)

Re: Tamiya Decals 11 years 4 months ago #16333

Er, waterslide decals are designed specifically for use with water, I don't think you can get the backing paper off without it - you sure you're using the proper thing?

If your waterslides aren't staying stuck once dry, it's usually because they've been in the water too long - they only need to be wet long enough that you can slide them off the backing paper (Usually about 60 seconds, but depends on size). If they float off by themselves, they're usually rendered useless

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.