Keyword

TOPIC:

Space Battle ship Yamato - I'm in that weird place again . 7 months 1 week ago #76665

What is the silver ship behind the daleks? Looks familiar, but can't quite place it.

And how did you end up with one of the "Australian" collector Matchbox cars.  I have a couple of them somewhere, they came out in the 70's, or early 80's.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Space Battle ship Yamato - I'm in that weird place again . 7 months 5 days ago #76691

What is the silver ship behind the daleks? Looks familiar, but can't quite place it.

And how did you end up with one of the "Australian" collector Matchbox cars.  I have a couple of them somewhere, they came out in the 70's, or early 80's.

If you're talking about the silver dome - that's a Mechanoid ,  from the 1st season (William Hartnell season ) of Doctor Who.  

If your talking about the silver sub with blue and yellow stripes - that is Stingray , from the Gerry Anderson series Stingray 

The "Australian collector Matchbox" came from an original outer case I have of such things. I helped my friend clean out the toy warehouse his of his dad  (that was their family business), and I ended up buying just about everything in it.  
The following user(s) Liked this: Ducksnuts

Last edit: by mirrorman.

Space Battle ship Yamato - I'm in that weird place again . 7 months 5 days ago #76692

I had a motorised Thunderbird #3 as a kid, no idea what happened to it.
Recently purchased most of the Aoshima Thunderbird model kits, still a couple more to get.

Those look to be good kits, I have a pile myself. 
The following user(s) Liked this: Ducksnuts

Space Battle ship Yamato - I'm in that weird place again . 7 months 4 days ago #76702

If your talking about the silver sub with blue and yellow stripes - that is Stingray , from the Gerry Anderson series Stingray 

Yeh it was the Stingray i was looking at.  Don't remember that series, but as it's Gerry Anderson then probably as it looks very "Thunderbird'ish" is why it seems familiar.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.