Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.

TOPIC:

The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14011

I 'm selling my kyosho scorpion, that I have owned since I was 5 years old. It's missing both of its rear driveshafts, but everything else is in good condition. It has its own transmitter, that will be shiped with it. After a clean up, and replacement of the driveshafts it will be ready to run, but I'd suggest a complete restoration, just because its electronic parts are out dated. If you have a group C or a Le mans prototype Rc to exchange for my scorpion it will also be accepted. I don't care if it's built or not, or if it's in good condition, as long as it's not missing vital parts I'll take it.

P.S. I didn't have time to shoot pictures, but if you want, I can post tommorow.
The good modelist..
1) A good glider pilot never forgets to take his chair and some cookies.
2) A good freestyler never forgets to take a cup of coffie.
3) A good patern pilot never forgets to take his camera.
4) A good car driver never forgets to take extra batteries.
5) A good beginner never forgets to take his tutor and some tissues. :P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Dennis_Zivas. Reason: couldn't recall car's actual name

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14020

Dennis can you send some picts please. tomorrow or next days.

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14046

This is it:

This is the rear, you can see the driveshafts missing.

This is a a close up of the Rx-ESC. It's of a certain age, but it's fully functioning.

And this is the transmitter:

The motor is a mabutsi, same with the ones used on tamiya models.
The good modelist..

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14062

Hey guys, this seems to be a 1983 Kyosho Scorpion. Pretty rare and quite valuable. ;)
Besides that, I hardly know anything about non-Tamiya. :whistle:

Edit - I noticed TS changed the first post. You may want to add it in the tile as well...

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14065

God I'm good - before I scrolled down, I took one look at the Rx/ESC unit & was gonna tell you it's a Nikko one....
It's possible to rig them to work with a standard steering servo - you just need to figure out which of the wires belong to the servo motor, & which belong to the positioning pot. The servo positioning circuitry is on the main board rather than being integral with the servo.

You'll also find the radio range will be much increased if you use a proper transmitter with it (eg Acoms, ie not Nikko). The Rx range is far better than the Tx's.

AND I can tell you that although the ESC will work perfectly happily on 9.6v, there is some serious current limiting going on with it, so again, if you replace the Rx/ESC thingy with a proper Rx & ESC, you'll probably find it'll be much quicker, even on 7.2V

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14093

The nikko electronics was a cheap solution, but back then they were high tech :P . Anyway, I am not planning to rebuild it, it's for sale.
The good modelist..

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14100

Are you sure it's a Scorpion? I thought they had a metal chassis and suspension.

Always fancied one of those, even when I had my Sand Scorcher.

Edit: I reckon that's a Kyosho Raider

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14101

It was a scorpion at first, but I found the raider more fascinating and replaced some parts, I still have the original, i ll post a picture.
The good modelist..

Last edit: by Dennis_Zivas.

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14102

Ok raider it is then, coz i found only these:

And her are the front wheels :P on a messerschmitt mE109

The good modelist..
Attachments:

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14106

So it's a raider now and not a scorpion? Still it's a non tamiya... :P
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.