Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.

TOPIC:

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14197

First the good news i managed to locate the raider and have removed the shaft and measured it at 7cms the pic is below. to be honest they are pretty rubbish plastic jobbies typical for an entry level kit so if you plan on putting a better motor in it may be worth upgrading to all metal ones anyway. you should pick them up cheaply on ebay? pic below of the original item:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14198

Ok, will do, the one I measured was already broken :P . Any luck with the bearings?
The good modelist..
1) A good glider pilot never forgets to take his chair and some cookies.
2) A good freestyler never forgets to take a cup of coffie.
3) A good patern pilot never forgets to take his camera.
4) A good car driver never forgets to take extra batteries.
5) A good beginner never forgets to take his tutor and some tissues. :P

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14200

Cant help on that front but they look similar to the standard tamiya bearings maybe someone else on here can help on that score as all mine are fitted to my cars and im not removing them :laugh:

My boxart Raider:

Attachments:

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14201

The higher cause.. :P well, SKF is 2 blocks away from my house, I 'll pay them a visit on monday.
The good modelist..
1) A good glider pilot never forgets to take his chair and some cookies.
2) A good freestyler never forgets to take a cup of coffie.
3) A good patern pilot never forgets to take his camera.
4) A good car driver never forgets to take extra batteries.
5) A good beginner never forgets to take his tutor and some tissues. :P

Last edit: by Dennis_Zivas.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.