Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.

TOPIC:

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14108

Definiteley a Raider not a bad buggy for an entry level kit, that looks like a ready to run version however they are not worth a great deal even in excellent condition. Especially with that electronics set up sorry but i hate anything Nikko. If anyone buys it i have a box full of spares for it if you need anything.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14110

There seems to indeed be quite a difference in value between the Scorpion and the Raider...
I'm a Kyosho nitwit tbh (and don't mind much keeping it that way). ;)
Although I did notice there's a 2012 Scorpion now!

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14112

Tamiyanut - is the hatred of Nikko related to "Cos everyone who doesn't know, thinks they're great" or have you had some personal problem with them? (Or other?).
I'm not a fan either, but it has to be said, I HAVE had a lot of fun with them in the past!

For "Toys" they're not that bad - fairly well engineered, fairly quick, priced to suit the beginner. The problems with them only come if you consider them to be a semi-equivalent of Tamiya/Kyosho etc models, which they're definately not.

I know someone with their 1/10 Dodge Viper, & to be honest, it's as quick as a standard TL, uses proper 540 motor & Tamiya-style race pack batteries. I'm pretty sure it had standard size 12mm hex wheels on it too. Things that "let it down" were the one-piece enclosed chassis/radio-box, useless radio range, heavily limited ESC & lack of hop-up parts. But then, it WAS a sub-100gbp RTR "Toy".

Personally, I've owned a few second-hand 1/16 Nikko cars, they were cheap enough to vandalise, so that's exactly what I did with them! The end result of some "mad" modification was hilarious, fast, cheap, resilient work's carpark bashers!
Mods were literally as simple as: swap the 280(?) motor for a mabuchi 380RS, cut out the chassis to accept home-made 9.6V AA stick packs, & use with a proper transmitter. Other mods have included: grafting in a proper steering servo, replace front suspension with sprung kingpin type (A'la Mardave & other 1/12 pan cars), upgrading the ESC power transistors for more power delivery, modifying the back suspension to give some damping effect. Like this, these things fly! Nearly as quick as a 6-cell Mardave stock car, but controllable with it

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14114

Like eddrick said it's a toy, it's for fun not for racing, and it's rough enough to never break down for 12 years. The nikko electronics was actually a modification I made,so that if something broke down it would be cheap and easy to replace.
The good modelist..
1) A good glider pilot never forgets to take his chair and some cookies.
2) A good freestyler never forgets to take a cup of coffie.
3) A good patern pilot never forgets to take his camera.
4) A good car driver never forgets to take extra batteries.
5) A good beginner never forgets to take his tutor and some tissues. :P

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14119

Good thinking re nikko bits being cheap & easy to replace, but the proper things are so much better & well worth the extra expense in my opinion

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14191

Here is the pictures of one of the bags of bits i have located in my loft im sure i have the driveshafts too somewhere but cannot locate them at the moment. All Raider spares i think not 100% on all of them as the bag was marked Kyosho only but im 99% sure they are all raider bits. They are all used from a raider i took apart for i higher cause :laugh: they are all still useable though as i would have binned them otherwise. Let me know if i can help in the rebuild :y:

Attachments:

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14192

Bingo! those are the joints I was looking for, now the bearings and driveshafts and it's good to go. I replaced some parts with metal ones and the motor with a modified thunder tiger silver500 for a "little" more power :silly: . Once you find the rest PM me. I'll post some pics of the progress I've made tomorrow.
The good modelist..

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14193

I have a lot of driveshafts in a box if i knew the length i could see if i had a set that would fit I have a shelf queen raider in a box in my attic ill dig it out take a shaft out and measure it for you then see if i can match it up for you. do you plan to run the raider if so i can send you all the bits as i wont have a use for them now.

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14195

Also found these rattling around inside the bag dont know if they came out of the raider and it depends if you wanted to ballrace it as these are original brass bushings.
Attachments:

Re: The first and the last buggy I got my hands on. 11 years 6 months ago #14196

Yes I am planning to use it, and the length of the driveshaft is 6.9 cm. Will do with 7 cm.
The good modelist..

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.