Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.

TOPIC:

Wanted: hard case 6v & 7.2v hump pack batteries :) 11 years 3 months ago #18147

Wanted for an upcoming project / cunning plan - at least one Tamiya 7.2v hard plastic case hump battery & at least two flat 6v cased batteries ... I'm not bothered about the state of the wiring, connectors or even the batteries inside - but the case does need to be unmelted, unpainted & not too scratched/bashed up.

TBH I'm hoping not to go much above just the postage costs ;)

Some batteries, yesterday
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Wanted: hard case 6v & 7.2v hump pack batteries :) 11 years 3 months ago #18169

HI!... J/R keep an eye out on Ebay. I've bought around 10 of those in the last year. Most I get for less than $20 each. A few guys around here take them apart and fill them with LiPo internals so they have modern technology but still looks vintage. :evil:

Wanted: hard case 6v & 7.2v hump pack batteries :) 11 years 3 months ago #18181

HI!... J/R keep an eye out on Ebay. I've bought around 10 of those in the last year. Most I get for less than $20 each. A few guys around here take them apart and fill them with LiPo internals so they have modern technology but still looks vintage. :evil:

That was my cunning plan :(

Wanted: hard case 6v & 7.2v hump pack batteries :) 11 years 3 months ago #18187

I might be able to help.
I have:
A 6V pack that is in very good condition apart from a couple of melted bits on the side (6-10mm dia marks)
A 7.2V hump back which is very grubby and the case is split along the join on one side. It's a fairly clean break and I am pretty sure it would glue back together. Also the labels are good. Some scratches/bashes on the bottom (fnarr, fnarr!).

I'll post pictures later.

I'd be happy to trade for some SRB parts for my projects.

Wanted: hard case 6v & 7.2v hump pack batteries :) 11 years 3 months ago #18188

I gave the hump back pack a wipe with a damp cloth and it revealed a bit more damage.

There's some weird delamination thing going on with the bottom of the case

6V pack:

With a good clean and a tickle with some wet and dry, they would both be quite presentable.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Wanted: hard case 6v & 7.2v hump pack batteries :) 11 years 3 months ago #18189

Thanks Martin - I appreciate you digging them out & taking photos, but TBH they're a bit far gone for me :(

I don't have much in the way of SRB parts, but I'm pretty sure I do have a bag of small body parts (sunroof, lights, etc) somewhere - I just haven't been able to find it yet :(

I do have a Radshape aluminium SRB bumper though - like the one bottom right here , but in a brushed finish rather than shiny. Let me know if you're interested :)

Wanted: hard case 6v & 7.2v hump pack batteries :) 11 years 3 months ago #18210

Y'know how you went out & bought a lathe cos you fancied a go at machining your own bits...
How do you fancy some casting your own battery shells? (Thought about that myself, just haven't got around to it yet). You'd just need a good battery shell to take a cast of, some moulding silicone, & some casting resin. Granted they won't be "original Tamiya" shells, but neither would the Lipos inside, so does it matter... Resin's fairly cheap, but moulding silicone can be quite expensive. However, once you have moulds, you can make as many shells as you like, & I suspect there's other people out there wanting to do a similar thing with their vintage packs

Wanted: hard case 6v & 7.2v hump pack batteries :) 11 years 3 months ago #18241

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Last edit: by AndyAus.

Wanted: hard case 6v & 7.2v hump pack batteries :) 11 years 3 months ago #18242

Thanks Andy :)

What's this thing called eBay? I've never heard of it before :whistle:

Wanted: hard case 6v & 7.2v hump pack batteries :) 11 years 3 months ago #18243

Thanks Andy :)

What's this thing called eBay? I've never heard of it before :whistle:

Lol :laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.