Keyword
Please take care when trading with people you don't know personally. To safeguard yourself as much as possible do/check the following:
- check the other party's ebay feedback (check his profile on TB, or ask for ebay ID) Send them an email through ebay to make sure.
- ask for references at this forum.
- check the members status on TB. Is this his first and only post or an experienced/well known member?
- Only pay through a secure payment provider, like Paypal. Make sure you pay for an item, not for a Service, as a Gift or other types of payment.
- Exchange real names and telephone numbers up front, and check them out.
- only offer shipping with full online tracking.
TamiyaBase.com is not a party in trades made on the basis of this site. Buyer and seller are sole responsible for their trades and for working out a safe way of payment and delivery.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Clod Buster parts 11 years 11 months ago #9701

I'm looking for Clod buster front bumper, and windscreen for my latest crew cab project. I am on a tight budget, so it doesn't have to be new, any condition. And I am in South Africa, so try to find out shipping costs.

Thanks a million

Edward

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tamiya Clod Buster parts 11 years 11 months ago #9703

I know I've got a new _rear_ Super Clod bumper & I definately _haven't_ got any glass ... but I have a feeling I might have a spare front bumper ... let me rootle around & get back to you :)

Re: Tamiya Clod Buster parts 11 years 11 months ago #9705

Sorry Edward, my rootling was frootless ... I mean "fruitless" :(
The following user(s) Liked this: Louisbaby

Re: Tamiya Clod Buster parts 11 years 11 months ago #9721

Glass - CD cases. They bond well to ABS bodies with model glue (Styrene cement). Dip the cut "glass" shapes in boiling water (Carefully) & they can be bent to shape

Re: Tamiya Clod Buster parts 11 years 11 months ago #9722

Oh, & fizzy drink bottles work ok too, only down side is they can be a nuisance to glue. Epoxy works ok if you rough up the bottle plastic & work the glue over/around the edge so it's captive once the glue sets - you'll find the epoxy won't stick too well to the bottle plastic alone.
See my Holiday scorcher for CD case windows, & my F2 custom van for drink bottle windows

Re: Tamiya Clod Buster parts 11 years 11 months ago #9723

....And another idea - find an old lexan body with similar sized/shaped windows & chop them out to use with the clod. OR some shells (eg Atomic's TMaxx F350) have separate lexan windows which might be suitable. You'll have the same gooling issues with lexan as with pop bottles
The following user(s) Liked this: Louisbaby

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.