Keyword

TOPIC:

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 months 3 days ago #77847

So most of it came yesterday and still waiting for the second box of stuff. This awesome Nissan King cab with chrome CCP chassis, lower a arms and front suspension holder. Also has the very nice hicap shocks hop up and vintage Sees aluminum wheels! This thing is too cool. The second box has all the stock parts that were replaced. Never knew the chrome stuff even existed.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, Scanox, Ducksnuts, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 months 3 days ago #77848

^ Holy smokes, what a great find, congrats! I still have yet to find a decent deal on a nice stock one :(
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Last edit: by GToddC5.

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 months 3 days ago #77849

Awesome Jim! Never saw these chrome parts. It's a jewel.

Sorry Todd you were a little too late.  :(
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 months 3 days ago #77850

Todd, PM me if you are looking for a stock King Cab and what you are looking to spend. Might be able to help....
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, Al, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 months 2 days ago #77852

Two more kits scratched off my list, and one old empty box to compliment my Clod:

IG_tamiyaddiction
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 months 2 days ago #77853

Nice Clod box. I remember seeing this one at the local hobby store in 87 and thinking, WOW, I wish I could afford this!!!

Been on the fence for an Aqroshot, they look so cool and VERY reasonably priced....
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 months 1 day ago #77854

It was the big box Time. 😭
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 months 1 day ago #77855

Nice Clod box. I remember seeing this one at the local hobby store in 87 and thinking, WOW, I wish I could afford this!!!

Been on the fence for an Aqroshot, they look so cool and VERY reasonably priced....

I've been on the fence, too, and had it on my "Maybe" list for a while now. I finally had a situation to place an order at RCJAZ because they were the only ones with a certain kit, but the shipping is crazy high. But, the prices are low so it kinda evens out or can be less. In this case after doing the math they were a bit less for both kits so I pulled the trigger. Then they informed me that the other kit was not found in inventory, so I substituted the MB Trail in it's place and they didn't charge me any extra for the inconvenience (It was a bit more $ than what I ordered). The MB Trail was also on my "Maybe" list, so here I am! I wish I was crossing off more from my "Want" list, but I fear I'm down to a very difficult and expensive short list now, that may take years to complete. Certainly plenty to do until then!
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 months 1 day ago #77856

Re: The Clod Buster box I just received . . . WOO HOO! After accidentally finding out that not all early bowtie Clods are the same, I checked my Clod against the box and they both have "Chevrolet" on the side stickers, which make them a perfect match! Silly I know, but it makes me happy to have them matched up. Now to check the OG manual that was also purchased separately (I know it has a bowtie grille, but no idea if there's a version with/without Chevrolet on the sides 

Edit to add: The pic on the manual I have, does have the bowtie grille and the Chevrolet on the side stickers 

Interestingly, when I first shared pics of my Clod here, I questioned if the motors were correct, and it turns out they are the exact motors as on the box art. 
IG_tamiyaddiction
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Look what the Mail man brought me ! 2 months 1 day ago #77859

I had no idea all of the early Bowtie Clods weren't the same...Pretty cool.   (I would be the same way! :) )
The following user(s) Liked this: GToddC5

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.