Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Bullhead electricals 11 years 8 months ago #11896

I'm pretty sure mine was on the furthest hole for the front & the nearest for the back, & I'm pretty sure I did the same with the relay arms/bellcranks on the axles (ie all links at the extreme one way or the other), & no it didn't make a huge amount of difference! Looking back now, I'm pretty confident it's more to do with the slop in everything & the way rear steering always "wants" to go to full lock rather than centralising, ie the links are trying to keep it straight or resisting it turning too far, rather than making it turn (If that makes sense).
Best demonstration is to try to steer a different car whilst driving backwards, & note how difficult it is to not over steer or to keep it in a straight line

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Bullhead electricals 11 years 8 months ago #11900

Anybody that ever drove a forklift would know the feeling...
At speed it'll easily turn the vehicle upside down.

:side:

Re: Bullhead electricals 11 years 8 months ago #11906

.... or in G's case, at speed will result in demolishing the packing area doors, falling out of the loading bay, spilling the pallets of produce, or skidding into them. Forklift drivers are nutters, pedestrians run for your lives

Re: Bullhead electricals 11 years 8 months ago #11909

eddrick - what you say makes a lot of sense. I will have one last go with adjusting the servo end and maybe the lever at the axle end. I did try driving it in reverse and (with controller reversed) steer to see if it was a function of the the links or entirely whether it was always the ones at the back that 'over-steer' - but I just got really confused and so sidetracked in the fun that I was having that I lost the plot and can't give a definitive technical answer - I'll get me coat. Well actually maybe I'll give that another go another night. I do understand about what real cars are like to steer in reverse. I used to have to reverse down a long driveway and got quite used to it, certainly more used to it than my passengers :blush:

Re: Bullhead electricals 11 years 8 months ago #11910

I regularly saw guys putting 15 tons or so tomatoes over the auction floor 'cause they made a too heavy turn.
That's a lot of picking up to do during your break! :lol:

Re: Bullhead electricals 11 years 8 months ago #11942

My favourite one was when our (ex)boss made us sit through a lecture he was giving about the do's & don'ts of forklift driving, making the point several times about "Make sure the jib is down before entering the building". Literally 20 minutes after the lecture, who was unloading a lorry & what was that horrendous bang & why has the new building now got a large crack in the lintel?

Re: Bullhead electricals 11 years 8 months ago #11951

My favourite one was when our (ex)boss made us sit through a lecture he was giving about the do's & don'ts of forklift driving, making the point several times about "Make sure the jib is down before entering the building". Literally 20 minutes after the lecture, who was unloading a lorry & what was that horrendous bang & why has the new building now got a large crack in the lintel?

Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach. :whistle:

Re: Bullhead electricals 11 years 8 months ago #12018

Well I've had another go and it's still not much better. The more I drive it the more I get used to it's quirks! I think it will have to do now. It's still running well on the new battery - I'm amazed how much running time you can get out of it B)

Re: Bullhead electricals 11 years 8 months ago #12043

The joy of silvercans.... I think I used to get about 15 minutes out of mine on the "Power" setting (1400mAH NiCd), Vs just over 3 with the same battery in my Kingcab with a tuned motor in it.
It was certainly long enough to drive it up the drive, across the river bank, down the boat ramp, have a few minutes swimming, do some dohnuts on the boat ramp then see how far up the ramp I could keep it in a straight line on the back wheels, down the ski-clubs steps (& sometimes up again) & still have enough beans to get it nearly home again!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.