Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #17302

Thanks, Edou. However, the motor in the picture is not mine, as the pics were taken from the sellers auction page. :)
I chose the mild brushless setup for its better efficiency and torque in contrast to an equal brushed motor, hence the motor stays at low temperatures and doesn't drain the battery too fast. Combined with the 15T pinion, brushless cogging is only noticeable at very slow acceleration from a standstill, but not at normal driving situations. If you take a look at the video, you can see where slight cogging appears.
Runner: Sand Viper , Mad Bull , BMW Z4 Hatsune Miku , Kyosho Sandmaster EZ
Project: Hot Shot, Holiday Buggy 2010 (narrowed), Monster Beetle, Super Fighter G, MINI Cooper S 2006
Retired: The Hornet
Still NIB: King Blackfoot

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by GregM.

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #17309

Greg, any chance of a measure & a sketch of that motor adaptor? Looks like it could solve problems with a lot of "non-adjustable" cars (Maybe have to tweek bolt lengths for some) - it's one of those handy things that could do with documenting & filing somewhere on this site.

Y'know what Edou, I was fairly unimpressed with the LRP AI ESC, I found the power delivery far too soft for bashing/entertainment purposes & ended up replacing it with one of those cheapy HSP ones - power delivery is far more brutal now despite the 20T rating. I guess the soft delivery is either "traction control" for serious racers, or built in soft start (Read FET protection) so they can get away with using lower rated components.
Not a fan of the auto setup on them either, they get really confused with what's forward with some vintage Txs & there's no way to correct it.
The LRP "F1" is much better in my opinion

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #17310

@Eddrick: No trouble whatsoever, I'll try to gather the specs and will post them here :). However, this will be done next week.

Regardings speed controllers, I'm not that keen on auto-setup/A.I. either. I haven't used one of these so far, but still I prefer the idea of setting up neutral and throttle forward/reverse endpoints manually.
Runner: Sand Viper , Mad Bull , BMW Z4 Hatsune Miku , Kyosho Sandmaster EZ
Project: Hot Shot, Holiday Buggy 2010 (narrowed), Monster Beetle, Super Fighter G, MINI Cooper S 2006
Retired: The Hornet
Still NIB: King Blackfoot

Last edit: by GregM.

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #17312

Cool, cheers!

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 3 months ago #17553

For the time being I am just going to put a Tamiya Sport Tuned motor into the Blazing Star with the Aluminium motor mount. I am definitely up for doing something more exciting with the motors etc on these cars though. Will keep you posted. Thanks for all the advice! :)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.