TOPIC:

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #16888

:) 13T is very fun on a FF01.
A FWD dragster :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #16890

:) 13T is very fun on a FF01.
A FWD dragster :lol:

I can imagine - the furthest I've gone in an FF01 is a 17T ... though I have wondered what It would go like with a 5.5T EZRUN brushless combo :evil:

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #16891

:woohoo: BOOM BOOM BOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Good Bye ball diff :angry: :laugh: :silly: :cheer: :silly: :laugh: :silly:

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #16932

Edou, 17T is not the limit. I've seen Top Forces with 10T motors...

The number of turns itself doesn't say much of course. Which was what I was trying to say. ;)
It's more about the actual power and revs it produces...
That 17x2T Lrp can be compared to a generic 12T in that respect.

:)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #16948

Sorry Edou but this is impossible :P .
A 17 Turns brushed motor is not comparable to a 12 Turns.
You can compare a 12 turns double wired with an 11 turns penta wired motor for example but 5 turns of difference is too much to say that the motors are equal in power and torque.

12 turns give less torque and rpm than 11 turns.
If 2 wires gives a certain amount of torque, 5 wires give less torque.
More wires less torque. Less turns more torque and more rpm. A multi wired motor is smoother than a single wired one.
So it's faster a 12x2 or a 11x5? One turns of difference is not too much so number of wires can do the difference. In this case the 12x2 is more brutal than 11x5 and seems the first one should be more powerful.

We can also compare a 17x2 with a 12x5. In this case the 12x5 will be a smoother motor but yet with more torque, power and rpm than the 17x2.

This are my two cents ;) .

MAx

Last edit: by Kontemax.

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #16949

I think i'm going to have to "side" with Edou on this one - you make some well though out and valid points, but IMO not all motors with the same wind are created equal by any means ... If I understand it correctly, his point was that a low wind, but cheap/poor quality ("generic") motor will be outclassed by an expensive/good quality motor of a much higher wind.

For example, a very good & well cared for "superstock" 27T motor with proper bearings, more advanced brush design & uber magnets will whizz all over a 27T silvercan motor, and in practice has the equivalent performance (I'd say) to a nondescript 19T motor.

And of course, any Ansmann "Clash" motor is equivalent to flushing 10 Euros down the toilet ;)

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #16950

I don't think we generally disagree. But quality of the motor plays a big part in the "oompf" it has...

Ansmann Launcher 12T
Turns : 12 x 2
RPM : 32,000
Power : 165W

And the chance it'll catch on fire. Lol

LRP-HPI 17T Challenge Motor
Turns : 17 x 2
RPM : 31,000
Power : 185W

:side:

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #16951

And I reckon it'll be more efficient under load - so faster in practice!
Just don't let eddrick read this 'cause he'll throw a lot more variables at us and I'll end up in electronics limbo again...

:lol:

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #16952

And I reckon it'll be more efficient under load - so faster in practice!
Just don't let eddrick read this 'cause he'll throw a lot more variables at us and I'll end up in electronics limbo again...

:lol:

So are the Tamiya motors generally accepted as good quality or are quality OE units considered the holy grail? - Brushless seem to be off the cards for a lot of classic models due to torque effects on weaker gearboxes I guess?
I only ever see doubles advertised, have never seem a 'penta' wind motor advertised.

Re: Hop-up motors possible 11 years 4 months ago #16953

Tamiya brushed motors are definitely good quality. :y:
As are Lrp, Team Orion and Novak for example.
With a brushless kit, you can usually decrease the punch to spare the gears.
I think you could put a "13T" or so in a DF-01 but it would be more fun with something slower...
There are a bunch of brushed motors with triple wires around btw.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.